Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been getting a couple of cancellations each work period. Jobs that are cancelled by the rider after a few minutes.

Two this morning, within twenty minutes of each other. Both from someone named "Sendac" (or similar), both from the Breakfree Apartments at 2 Marcus Clarke Street, which oddly enough was where I'd picked up a passenger earlier.

The first cancellation came when I was parked in Civic after returning from the airport. The back seat passenger had taken a bottle of water – and really enjoyed it, judging by the sound of it! – and I replaced the bottle. I also found a phone on the seat, which was a little annoying, as I'd checked the seat before leaving the airport and hadn't spotted it.

I sent a message via the Uber app and was mulling over what to do. The passenger probably wouldn't see my message – because his phone was in my car – but I knew which flight he was on and would probably be able to find him. The new job came in as I was considering my options. This could be an airport job, which would solve one problem.

I took off and raced around London Circuit, but the cancellation came in after a minute. I shrugged and kept on going to the airport.

The second call came in when I was approaching the airport, supposedly from 2 Marcus Clarke Street again, same passenger. And again, same cancellation a minute later.

I managed to find my passenger and return his phone, so that was good.

Still, I'm getting the feeling that I'm being stalked and harassed.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Sendac cannot choose you as a driver to harass/stalk you. Grab the tripIDs from the partners website (I couldn't post the link as I dont have enough post likes on this forum yet) and send an email to partners.canberra letting them know the issue. If they are playing with the passenger app to annoy drivers it should be pretty clear to Uber once you raise it.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sendac cannot choose you as a driver to harass/stalk you. Grab the tripIDs from the partners website (I couldn't post the link as I dont have enough post likes on this forum yet) and send an email to partners.canberra letting them know the issue. If they are playing with the passenger app to annoy drivers it should be pretty clear to Uber once you raise it.
Thanks, thallium!

The time when I was online, there weren't many Uber cars on the road. I was pretty much it.

I can't find any trip IDs on the website for cancelled trips - at least not for the ones cancelled before the payment kicks in. The app allows me to raise issues with such trips, and I've made a report.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Another cause I came upon while watching my wife book an Uber.

The app defaulted to our home (while near airport) and she pressed book without thinking. Hurriedly figured out how to cancel the ride while some poor driver's smiling face told us he was on the way.

Perfectly sober, middle of the day.

So, I was reasonably understanding on NYE when I fronted for a surge fare in southern Tuggeranong, only to discover the rider absent from home and actually needing a ride from Gungahlin. Good luck whoever got that ride.

Was less understanding when it took us 20 minutes to cancel the ride. It just kept on not working, even after rebooting the phone. Got my $10 cancellation fee, but not very happy.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I got three cancellations around civic one after the other which seems a bit sus. All cancelled after 3 mins of driving towards them, as soon as it cancelled got the new job, in a different direction and cancelled again. Seems very odd to get 3 cancels in a row.... And a waste of time and effort..

·
Registered
116 Posts
Anyone else had 'Lach' from Investigator St, Red Hill? Cost me 40min tonight with firstly cancellation whilst en route, and then (after foolishly accepting 2nd ping from same rider) sitting outside supposed address whilst he answered texts with non descript replies, and when tried ringing his phone it was 'disconnected'.

Reported to UberHQ, and got canned response and 1 cancellation fee.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I drove about 6 km to pick up Paul from evatt and waited outside for like 8 minutes. So I cancelled to collect the fee and moved on. He re-requested me as I was close but I let the ping go. If I had gone back and supposedly picked him up and completed a trip I'd guarantee a low rating from him for the cancellation.

I was lucky enough to have two other blokes close-by but with a low rating. I asked what he did to piss off a uber driver for his low rating but he couldn't think of anything! He did make me wait almost 5 minutes though since he put the incorrect address. I advised him that just making a driver wait, slamming doors or inputting the wrong address is enough to lose stars on his rating. He was shocked at how people could be so picky but I explained to him how drivers are expected to do backflips to stay above 4.6 and thus they reciprocate the harsh treatment. Hopefully I bumped up his rating whilst he happily gave me 5*

·
Registered
125 Posts
I drove about 6 km to pick up Paul from evatt and waited outside for like 8 minutes. So I cancelled to collect the fee and moved on. He re-requested me as I was close but I let the ping go. If I had gone back and supposedly picked him up and completed a trip I'd guarantee a low rating from him for the cancellation.

I was lucky enough to have two other blokes close-by but with a low rating. I asked what he did to piss off a uber driver for his low rating but he couldn't think of anything! He did make me wait almost 5 minutes though since he put the incorrect address. I advised him that just making a driver wait, slamming doors or inputting the wrong address is enough to lose stars on his rating. He was shocked at how people could be so picky but I explained to him how drivers are expected to do backflips to stay above 4.6 and thus they reciprocate the harsh treatment. Hopefully I bumped up his rating whilst he happily gave me 5*
I wait 10 mins before I call the cancellation fee

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I wait 10 mins before I call the cancellation fee
Had a couple this morning. Drove in from Civic to pick them up near Manuka for a flight. When I arrived, nothing. Five minutes and finally they come out, but it was another five before they had everything loaded up. And they hadn't entered the destination. Perhaps I should have begun the ride when they first came out.

When there's no show, I'll hunt around, maybe drive around the block if the pin is off the street. Sit tight in the best spot, send a text after five. Get out, look up and down the street, cancel the job after ten minutes.

There's really no excuse. The app tells the pax where the car is while on the way, gives them a hoy when the car is there, and if they ignore a text or a call from the driver, then the driver is well entitled to the ten bucks.

That's time and money driving to the pickup, more time and idling petrol in waiting, and potentially jobs missed out while being booked.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts