Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two weeks ago I used to get $1.50 if a rider cancelled the ride. I noticed this week I had 4 cancels and didn't get paid for a single one. I was even out in front of someone's house when they cancelled. Did the policy change?

·
Registered
386 Posts
If it's a pool, you'll get 1.50 if they cancel within two minutes.

5 if you say no show after 2 mins on pool
5 if you say no show after 2 mins on X

If you have a pax on pool already, and accept another ping and they cancel, you get nothing. I've gotten 3 or 4 pings in a row from the same pax. Didn't receive a single cancelation fee.

·
Banned
2,822 Posts
I'm noticing more and more pax are ordering a lyft and an uber at the same time. Whoever shows up 2nd gets canceled on.
Had my pax get into a taxi just as I arrived. Waited five and cancelled them. They paid the taxi more than twice the fare plus my $5. Stupid

·
Registered
386 Posts
There was a thread on this before. Personally, I wait for the allotted time, and collect my 3.75 and go. The only way I call is if the surge is 1.5 or higher.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I don't answer any pax phone calls at all. If they are having trouble locating me where they placed their pin, it's their problem. My generic text response is that I'm waiting on where you put your pin.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I drove 10 minutes to wait on someone, then waited 5 minutes and got a call at minute 6...they really want you waiting on them because you are a good guy. They should know that investing 15 minutes of uncompensated time is being a good guy.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
I never call unless it's surge.

I'll send a text right after I start timer for UberX. Pool gets no such respect

If I feel it's likely to get a ride with better surge, I wait basically zero seconds. They're either there waiting for me Or I'm gone

·
Registered
386 Posts
I never call unless it's surge.

I'll send a text right after I start timer for UberX. Pool gets no such respect

If I feel it's likely to get a ride with better surge, I wait basically zero seconds. They're either there waiting for me Or I'm gone
Uber sends them a text when u hit confirm you've arrived. I usually hit it when I'm a few blocks away

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
I get $3.75 for x after five minutes from the request if rider cancels and the same as a no show If I cancel 5 minutes after arriving.

For pool I get $1.50 if rider cancels after two minutes, regardless of if somebody is in my car.

Pool, I get $4 after two minutes for a no show. Also regardless of if somebody is in my car

·
Registered
383 Posts

If you have a pax on pool already, and accept another ping and they cancel, you get nothing. I've gotten 3 or 4 pings in a row from the same pax. Didn't receive a single cancelation fee.
Thought it was 5 min wait with Uber X?

·
Registered
386 Posts

Thought it was 5 min wait with Uber X?
It is 5 on X. My mistake, made a typo back there.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts