Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here is a new one for me. I show up at a large complex and can't get close enough to the pin for it to notify the driver. I call and she texts back and cancels. I put it in through the toll section of the app as has been suggested. Just got an email saying that I was more than five minutes late so they won't pay me.

My response to their email:

I know that it probably looks like I had not arrived yet because I could not get close enough to the pin for the app to send the automatic notification to the rider (large apartment complex). I was actually parked about a block away when I got "pinged" and arrived in under two minutes. Knowing that the rider did not get an arrival notice, I did call her but she did not answer. I then texted her and she responded:
"Sorry about that I didn't mean to schedule a trip right now! "If you're available at 4am I'll be scheduling a pick up!" I arrived at 8:28 and that text was sent at 8:38. Thanks for your time.

·
Banned
276 Posts
That's the problem with the Auto Arrival thing. It also inherently is going to make us wait longer because you literally have to be right on top of them to get it to activate. So if there's an elevator involved, etc you have no way of benefiting from hitting "arrived" 20 seconds early like we used to. I wrote CS a complaint about it and I suggest you do it too. If you can take the time to write something here then you can take the time to try to make a difference by writing the perpetrators.

·
Premium Member
5,239 Posts
I don't drive to Pins. I text each pax ... "confirm address & give me gate code" ... then I drive to confirmed address. When I arrive at address that the pax confirmed via text ... I text them again ... "Ready? I'm parked out front". This process has saved me countless miles of driving to the wrong location or going to a pin where no one was. For instance Uber gave me an address today that was almost 2 miles away from where the pax was ... had I not sent them a text, I would have driven for 10 minutes just to get a cancel fee.

Technology company my ass ... useless "features" added to the phone each update; almost as if the programmers have never driven a car, much less an Uber to pickup pax.

·
Banned
276 Posts
Damn Ziggy....and I thought I was angry!! :)

Totally agree with the programmers never having driven a car thing. It's almost like they have business people running the company who have never done so as well. It's really mind boggling. As I've said before....nothing will give me more pleasure than to watch Uber burn to the ground. Once I have stopped needing the chicken scratch I am making from them that is...

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This was the response from uber:

Sorry about that. We can no longer make adjustments if the trip has been cancelled by the rider because system won't allow us and another reason is, it will be violation of the policy.

But I suggest, if it happens again, hit "arrived" even if you don't see the rider yet or even if you arrived earlier than the estimated time of your arrival. In that way, if he or she cancelled the trip and it's more than 5 minutes, you can be compensated at least for the waiting time spent through the cancellation fees. These are automatically applied by the system.

·
Premium Member
5,239 Posts
Reactions: Tx rides

·
Premium Member
5,239 Posts
Is there a way to hit arrived with the new app?
Nope ... Only "Pickup ____" which then gives you the Start Trip button. For instance the trip I had yesterday where the address was off by 2 miles ... the only way the pax knew I was there was the fact that I sent them a text message ... because on their phone it showed I was still 4 minutes away.

Problem with many of the Uber staff is they "make up an answers" ... at the end of the day, they'll never talk to you again ... so they don't care if the answer they gave you is correct or not

Reactions: Realityshark

·
Registered
157 Posts
You click their name at the bottom of the app, and it will say confirm arrival. I've had to do it a couple of times with the new interface.

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
I didn't even see an arrived option on the new app. Maybe because I've only driven a couple hours in the past two weeks. Is there a way to hit arrived with the new app?
Yes....actually there is. But UBER won't tell you where they hid it. LOL I only discovered it accidentally by reading these forums. :rolleyes: I can't tell you for sure when it is available as I've only been figuring it out in bits and pieces this week....but somewhere before you get to the pax....you SWIPE their name UP from the bottom...and 'confirm your arrival' or something like that shows up and you can click on it. That is when I start my 5 minute timer....but if you check my post here-->> https://uberpeople.net/threads/not-getting-paid-for-no-shows-or-rider-cancels-after-5-minutes.31448/ you will see that somehow, Uber has messed it up that we are NOT getting paid for No Show Fees or Riders cancelling after driver being en-route for 5 minutes.:(

Also, another thing I hate:

If you have someone in your car...that you will NOT be giving 5 stars to for whatever reason....and they want to know what their fare is at the end of the trip....guess what? (Correct me if anyone knows a way around this) But you can't see the END FARE without FIRST RATING AND SUBMITTING THE RATING IN FRONT OF THE PAX!!! :eek: So far, I've just been telling them...I can't see the total fare...and they leave...then I rate them and the fare shows up.

What's up with THAT? :mad:

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Worthless gripes from last night.

I showed up to two different rides only to have the pax tell me they were trying to schedule the ride for much later.

Showed up to pick up a pax but he had entered his end destination instead of his current location. I got paid for that one at least. The $4 is probably more than the fare would have been!

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
These people were new to uber. I appreciate that we have new customers but it's costing me money to educate them on how uber works on a Saturday night between 8:00-12:00. It's costing me money and uber won't even cough up the $4.

·
Registered
157 Posts
These people were new to uber. I appreciate that we have new customers but it's costing me money to educate them on how uber works on a Saturday night between 8:00-12:00. It's costing me money and uber won't even cough up the $4.
Then it needs to be a SUF.. Stupid uber fee for not educating the general public before they use the app. Ha!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts