Uber Drivers Forum banner

Cancelation fees, be careful

1K views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  UXDriver 
#1 ·
I'm in dispute with Uber ATM and have told them until they pay me a cancellation fee on a job I'm not logging on as a driver. Silly me took a request at from Lilydale to pick up at Dixsons Creek, got with in 2 minutes of pickup and rider cancelled, Uber says because I took to long to get there I don't get paid. Hello I drove 17 minutes, I was 2 minutes away from the pick up point. This is the first time in ages I have accepted a ping more than 10 minutes away

#5 ·
What a joke. You have no control over the traffic. Same thing happened a few months ago had a pickup in box hill.. Waited 5 then did a no show and they didn't pay cause they said I missed eta!! Then got a report against my name!! Effing annoying

#6 ·
That's bullshit!!!

A similar thing happened to me this morning - Got a ping, was only 5 minutes away, got there waited about 2 min and the girl came out and said they had just changed their plans. Told her to cancel, she did... And nothing for me!
Haven't had a chance to raise the issue with Uber as yet, when I looked at my history there is no record of it at all...

#10 ·
I think you'll blink first. Uber doesn't care if you log on lol.

For every active driver, there's 1000 more uber bots waiting to be programmed and activated on the uber assembly line.

And they'll drive for even less money. All Travis has to do is offer discounts on oil changes and a fuel card that will save a person 11 cents a month.

#13 ·
Scottie, don't lose heart. I wrote about this a few weeks ago when nearly the same thing happened to me, long ping, easy drive, no traffic and cancelled after driving more than 15 minutes. It was around the time that many of the passenger's APP were not updating our location and ETA. The goose at Support pulled the same stunt on me and to cut a long story short I spat the dummy and after some to and fro I got my cancellation fee and they found another $16 that I hadn't picked up on. For the next week when I was getting those pings I would call the pax and advise the APP has been playing up and let them know whatever they see I'm on the way

#14 ·
Why u accepting long pings Uber base is only $2 so any job more than 4Km u gambling with u time and money
Some times if accept fare and is much more than 4km i cancel
Or pings longer then 5 min wouldn't accept
If surge fare multiply by surge
BASE charge meant to cover expenses of your dead km between jobs
Uber office ********* not realising by such low Base fare forcing drivers not accept longer pick ups
That is the reason Taxi have flag fall $4.2o this will cover cost dead km between fares up to 10km
Also is rejecting spoil pax which they want short ride for 1km or 2km

#16 ·
It's got nothing to do with your 4000 trips, after 3 or 4 exchanges it gets escalated, then that person has the authority to "make a one time exception" and pay you.

Riders get cancel fees refunded the same way. They will almost always give you the cancel fee of you are persistent, and almost always refund it if they are persistent.

I bet I have 20-25 "one time exception" cancel fees.

#18 ·
Thanks Grand for the link.... Basically everyone should be aware of these, but I'm really a bit confused on the ETA.... Uber issues the ETA, so is that based on the ping out ETA? Cause I had one in the morning that was 8 mins or something and due to traffic as soon as I started GM it said 16 mins. I cancelled. So in this case, I'm guessing I would be screwed ;)

Basically in a nutshell its

What is Uber's cancellation policy?
Cancellation fees are automatically paid to you if the trip was cancelled by the rider more than 5 minutes after you accepted the job (2 minutes for uberTAXI). This also applies if the rider requested that you cancel the trip using the "Client Requested Cancel" option. However, if your ETA is more than 5 minutes longer than the initially predicted ETA at this time, this fee is not paid.

You are also paid a cancellation fee if you cancel a trip more than 5 minutes after arrival due to a "Rider No-Show". If you're running more than 5 minutes behind the provided ETA and the rider cancels the request, they will not be charged a cancellation fee.

We understand that client cancellations can be a headache. They are, however, a part of the business as our customer base grows. We continuously work to educate your clients on how to use the system. In doing so, we are building greater demand for the city.

#19 ·
I have held my ground and it looks like I will get the $$$ after speaking to Uber, they do understand a driver with 4000+ trips is worth looking after
Mate, don't want to discourage you and I am hopeful that you will get your money if you keep on fighting. But thing is it's you who is losing by not logging in. It's not Uber, it's not passengers, it's only you who is losing $$$'s.

Learn from your mistake and move on. How come you accepted trip 17 mins away? You must be punished for this (sarcasm)

I have more than 3500 trips on my profile and couple of weeks ago, some passenger complained that I swear in front of her. Uber sent me email for explanation and threatened me with deactivation. I just replied back that passenger may be hallucinated or so much passed away that a simple words was swearing for her. CSR replied with "if you haven't done anything wrong, don'r worry, Uber is not going to take any action this time". I was in mood of trolling so I kept sending him emails asking for more details and used funny words like "don't take weed in office mate" or "can you please let me know what you take in office before sending such stupid emails, I also want to try this" or "are you always so stupid or only after joining Uber". In the end CSR stopped replying to my emails and close the case.

The point is; for Uber you are just a number. They don't know how much trips you have done or how better service you provide. Uber will always be with the customer side because it's where Uber dollars and driver dollars come from. So move on, log in as usual but keep sending emails to Uber for compensation.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.