Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pick up a rider in Belmont, going to SFO, Terminal 3. As we approached the terminals, there was heavy traffic.
They asked: “ Can you drop me off in arrivals? It’s faster.”
I told them “Uber is not authorized to enter arrivals at all, we could be fined.”
That’s it, I dropped them off at Terminal 3 departures.
A couple weeks ago, someone wanted to get dropped off at the
Middle loop near the shuttle drop off and jaywalk across to the terminal, I told them, “no I can be fined for stopping there, you can be fined for walking there.”

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Yeah ive beeen extremely strict with my pax.. and every driver should.. no dropping or picking up on red , bust stops, in the middle of the streets taxi zones and all that bs..sometimes i have them walking to me a block because i wont stop just anywhere.. i can careless how they feel about it ..

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah ive beeen extremely strict with my pax.. and every driver should.. no dropping or picking up on red , bust stops, in the middle of the streets taxi zones and all that bs..sometimes i have them walking to me a block because i wont stop just anywhere.. i can careless how they feel about it ..
That's why drivers like you and me rarely if ever get tickets. Some drivers are too accommodating and will pay the price.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Not gnna lie i got a bus ticket like when I first started for $288..
im from san jose and ticket guys dont exist there .. now never will i ever get a ticket.. because theyre easy to avoid.. simple rule.. follow the fukkking law

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
It's not a big deal when they ask Sometimes they think it's helping you out or they are just in a hurry and you just tell them you can't because of tickets or something like that

Anybody would ask , how are they supposed to know lol

Not gnna lie i got a bus ticket like when I first started for $288..
im from san jose and ticket guys dont exist there .. now never will i ever get a ticket.. because theyre easy to avoid.. simple rule.. follow the fukkking law
you can not drive Uber pool in SF or dang even Uber x without double parking or blocking a couple bicycle lanes , literally not possible lol

Double parking is the problem, most of us don't do bus zones anymore except at cal train because place makes no sense for newbies lol

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Sometimes they think it's helping you out

you can not drive Uber pool in SF or dang even Uber x without double parking or blocking a couple bicycle lanes , literally not possible lol

Double parking is the problem, most of us don't do bus zones anymore except at cal train because place makes no sense for newbies lol
I cancel alot of expresspool if theyre not standing in a place where i can pick them up safely without risking a ticket..
I also stopped driving for a month so i can have lower tiers .. ill never chase those 70+ rides a week where it makes feel desperate for a ride.. 25-30 rides a week are reasonable and makes me avoid being desperate

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
I cancel alot of expresspool if theyre not standing in a place where i can pick them up safely without risking a ticket..
I also stopped driving for a month so i can have lower tiers .. ill never chase those 70+ rides a week where it makes feel desperate for a ride.. 25-30 rides a week are reasonable and makes me avoid being desperate
I have done a lot things I'm not proud of on Thursday nights , yikes ! however much I planned to spread it out it never worked , I would always end up doing so many silly things to finish it up quick on Thursday.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.