Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm a diamond driver and have been since May when I started doing UE full-time. I work 30+ hours a week. I'm currently sitting at 93% because today I got several negative ratings. I'm not sure why because I had no issues at all today. I have had a few this week, namely people not responding to messages and not giving me door codes or meeting me outside, but I always call and check. They tell me to leave the order somewhere and take a photo, yet I still get a negative rating. It's 5-to-1 and nobody ever gives positive feedback, apparently.

I don't want to risk something for losing diamond status, or risk losing this gig because of a-hole customers. I know you can request reactivation but still. People are so negative that it's basically a waiting game for you to get deactivated, rather than something you can rely on as a job. You see the turnover rate for Uber. I'm doing this full-time and know that I'm bound to get deactivated eventually.

My other issue is actually dealing with undeliverable orders. Once it gets to the 8 minute mark, can I just cancel? I usually call and they tell me to leave it somewhere, but often they tell me to wait or meet them outside. I've never taken an order or returned one.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, you can dispute negative feedback.
But your efforts will be about as effective as pushing water uphill.
How do you do that?

I called and only get the automated line unless I'm on an order. It's always the same Indian lady who answers and never fixes any problems. She did tell me that something was escalated but didn't say why. I had quite a few people give me wrong addresses and I had to chase them down, or just drop a pin and never reply to any message. Nobody uses the messaging app apparently. I get a ton of 7-11 orders here and it's a different system so I can't message them at all.

There's no way to email them, either.

I was a commercial trucker for 6 years and still have a CDL. I just do this while attending university and it's ridiculous they can't help their drivers out more. Instead, they just throw bodies at the problem until it's solved. They're raking in a ton of money using this shoddy automated system but could do so much better with quality drivers who stick around longer, rather than desperate people just doing it to put gas in their car.

·
Premium Member
10,650 Posts
How do you do that?
How do you push water up a hill?...
You don't...that's the point!
I was a commercial trucker for 6 years and still have a CDL.
Well then, you've learned by now that the Indian lady at the Uber call center doesn't give a shit about you anymore than that dispatcher did at the trucking company you use to work for. The only difference being that you earned better money while using your CDL.
🤷‍♂️

By the way, I see you're new here...Welcome to UP.net! :)

·
Premium Member
1,216 Posts
1. Diamond Status doesn’t matter for delivery driver and truthfully doesn’t matter for X driver either unless you are Airport runner and even then it doesn’t matter truthfully.

If you are Diamond Status then you are losing money because cherry-picking is your friend!

2. Call support for Uber and Grubhub are usually pathetic and worthless!

3. When you can not deliver the answer is wait and see if someone will open the gate for you or if the office will let you in or if the customer will meet you at the front.

I rarely have any issue getting the food to where it need to go.

As for wrong address you need to report to Uber so they can be notified about the issue and note it on the file because what is usually going on with that is the customer is scamming for free food.

4. Do not be so worried about anything except do not go below 80% on your thumbs up and keep your cancellation rate low but forget about that stupid Diamond Status and Acceptance Rating because neither one will make you money while working for Uber…

·
Premium Member
1,850 Posts
So I'm a diamond driver and have been since May when I started doing UE full-time. I work 30+ hours a week. I'm currently sitting at 93% because today I got several negative ratings. I'm not sure why because I had no issues at all today. I have had a few this week, namely people not responding to messages and not giving me door codes or meeting me outside, but I always call and check. They tell me to leave the order somewhere and take a photo, yet I still get a negative rating. It's 5-to-1 and nobody ever gives positive feedback, apparently.

I don't want to risk something for losing diamond status, or risk losing this gig because of a-hole customers. I know you can request reactivation but still. People are so negative that it's basically a waiting game for you to get deactivated, rather than something you can rely on as a job. You see the turnover rate for Uber. I'm doing this full-time and know that I'm bound to get deactivated eventually.

My other issue is actually dealing with undeliverable orders. Once it gets to the 8 minute mark, can I just cancel? I usually call and they tell me to leave it somewhere, but often they tell me to wait or meet them outside. I've never taken an order or returned one.
Just relax. The ratings update sometimes days - or weeks - later. You’re taking this way too seriously - which isn’t doing you any favors.

Firstly, you need to find the “decline” button. You know who’s giving you low ratings? Cheap pings. It’s ALWAYS the low- or no-tippers. They do that so they can get freebies. So your first mission - get to platinum status max. Your next will be gold. 😂

Welcome, and stick around. Once you browse and read up, you’ll understand what I said better.

You’ll not get deactivated. Breathe!

·
Premium Member
1,253 Posts

I suppose it's better than you seem to care more than you don't, when so many have pissy attitudes but keep working the job. But like others have said, Diamond status doesn't really mean much. It's just a designation that you've been out there a lot. I'm Diamond this month with about 800 points, but I didn't strive for it. It just worked out that way. My rating is 99%, but I decline jobs that aren't paying enough. The ones that don't want to tip upfront, will probably be the ones that don't add a tip later, and are more likely to give you a down rating just for the hell of it.

·
Premium Member
1,850 Posts
I think we’ve all been there. I remember my first thumbs down. I was devastated. My entire life I was a perfectionist and standardly “exceeds expectations”. I lost sleep because of it. I’m ashamed to admit this now. But then - omg, I was shooketh.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I think we’ve all been there. I remember my first thumbs down. I was devastated. My entire life I was a perfectionist and standardly “exceeds expectations”. I lost sleep because of it. I’m ashamed to admit this now. But then - omg, I was shooketh.
I was the same way. Everything was perfect for 9 months. Then some bs about professionalism. It bothered me for week. Then I though about how Uber has a toilet seat for an emblem. The entire company is full of the stuff in that toilet seat.

·
Premium Member
1,253 Posts
I was also more concerned about it when I first started. Now if I see my rating went down, I will scan my mind for a minute or two, wondering who it was. And then that's it. I move on.

·
Premium Member
866 Posts

By the way the best way to dispute negative feedbacks is to write E-mails to your friends and family members...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts