Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Uber sucks. We all know it, and nothing is going to change that.

If you can't make money doing it...quit. If you hate the company...quit. If you hate Uber, are you trying to find another job? Uber is going to do what is best for them, and gives no flucks about us or our lives.

It's getting so repetitive here from the same people. Why make Uber more money when you hate them? Vote with your feet and find another job. The bottom has not been unearthed yet for Uber drivers. I will bet anything that Uber is getting more drivers onboarded in this big advert buy to drop rates once the season starts up.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't think anyone disagrees with you, Tohunt. I believe it will be sustainable for a while as there are plenty of stupid people out there willing to drive for less. Look at Detroit when they were running at $0.30 a mile and $0.30 a minute. There were still drivers.

When people ask me how I like working for Uber and/or is it a 'good' job, I ask them if they want the truth or if they want me to lie and make them feel better?

·
Registered
8,587 Posts
I don't think anyone disagrees with you, Tohunt. I believe it will be sustainable for a while as there are plenty of stupid people out there willing to drive for less. Look at Detroit when they were running at $0.30 a mile and $0.30 a minute. There were still drivers.

When people ask me how I like working for Uber and/or is it a 'good' job, I ask them if they want the truth or if they want me to lie and make them feel better?
I alwaused say I like driving most of the time but Uber is shady AF... this usually leads to them asking why, and I can work in the tipping, or lack of....

·
Registered
82 Posts

If you can't make money doing it...quit. If you hate the company...quit. If you hate Uber, are you trying to find another job? Uber is going to do what is best for them, and gives no flucks about us or our lives.

It's getting so repetitive here from the same people. Why make Uber more money when you hate them? Vote with your feet and find another job. The bottom has not been unearthed yet for Uber drivers. I will bet anything that Uber is getting more drivers onboarded in this big advert buy to drop rates once the

It's getting so repetitive here from the same people. Why make Uber more money when you hate them? Vote with your feet and find another job. The bottom has not been unearthed yet for Uber drivers. I will bet anything that Uber is getting more drivers onboarded in this big advert buy to drop rates once the season starts up.
Dont be silly ,please we can all talk...and said watever we want,

·
Registered
822 Posts
This takes me back to the "why does everyone complain " thread.

We can't just quit. If it were the 1950s and there was gainful employment we would. But we can't. It's Grapes of Wrath. The Depression. Shanty towns.

I don't see any alternative to the poverty wages. I don't know about the rest of you. But I am on a treadmill and misery loves company.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts

Exactly my uber brother.

I've noticed a bit of stagnation on this site. Mostly a lot of complaining from drivers unwilling to change anything.

I found my niche that works for me. I'm finally starting to be profitable. If I hadn't found a way to increase profits, I was going to call it quits.

But yeah...kudos to you for saying something. The whining and negativity has become tired.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
My best advice to people who want to drive TNC is DO NOT EXPECT IT TO WORK AS A FULL TIME JOB. That's the reality of the situation. There are arguments for the gig and 1099 economy (good for the consumer) and arguments against it (not good for the American worker).

If you feel that one outweighs the other, then this is a much bigger issue that goes beyond any particular industry or company.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Evil succeeds only when the good do nothing to stop it.
Hasn't history taught us this by now, i.e. Exodus, Germany in the early 30 and so many other examples that took a collective of good men to defeat. Now it sound to me that many of you are weak-kneed and spineless individuals, and you prefer taking it up the... But I digress

There is success stories out there. A quick Google search found these examples:

https://uberpeople.net/threads/uber-forced-by-drivers-to-raise-rates-by-25-in-palm-springs.69711/
http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2016/03/31/uber-fare-increases-go-into-effect-in-pittsburgh/

I'm sure there are many others, so don't tell me I can't be done!

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My failures? Dude, I'm in college, finishing up my degree.

It's not hatred, its the truth. I took a very nice lady, who was Haitian, who told me her husband does Uber and makes 'good money'. I asked what 'good money' was, and she said he makes $300 a week only working for Uber. She told me how this is exponentially more than he'd ever make in Haiti.

This is a common thread amongst many drivers I have met and talked about Uber with. The smart ones know they are getting a raw deal, and the dumb ones who have never made a penny in their lives are lovin' it. (badadadada i'm luvin it!)

·
Registered
61 Posts
And how did you do in reading comprehension? I believe you started this thread suggesting that we stop with the protest threads. (Protesting about protest, I found humor in that) Your defeatist attitude suggest that their little we can do. Then rather than declaring that you will no longer drive for Uber and that this would be your last post; you suggest that others quit. All because you are getting tired of people complaining. What up with that?

What do you think forums are for, constant Kumbaya, puppies and colorful flowers? No they exits so people can exercise their first amendment right (B I T C H I N G!) Hopefully some of that b i t c h i n g yells into a consensus then a united group then results. Like I clearly pointed out that others have succeeded in this.

Here is the thing; in some weird way like you, I too am tired of folks complaining about the same thing over and over, yet never coming to an agreement or positive action plan. I have to believe the reason is lack or organization. The forum has been like a dirty clothes hamper were colored and whites are tossed and washed together. The result the whites are no longer white.

Let's try to turn this thread around to the positive; I think we should first find out how many members does the UberPeople.net Miami forum have? Is it of a consequential size? If not how do we get more members? With a reported fleet of 9500 drivers we need a lot of members, not all, enough to make an impact. Now this is just the beginning, and yes to get results will take a lot of work.

Tell you what I would be willing to setup our own forum to get the job done. Not for just complaining mind you, but to attack each issue one at a time and establish operational action plans and policies that we can all live with and that would eventually get us to our goal MORE MONEY IN OUR POCKET.

In sort ladies & gentlemen we need to establish a cooperative.

·
Registered
159 Posts
With a reported fleet of 9500 drivers we need a lot of members, not all, enough to make an impact. Now this is just the beginning, and yes to get results will take a lot of work.
I might be wrong on this, but I think that 9,500 number you mentioned is just the Miami-Dade drivers, not Broward or Palm Beach. When you also consider there are just 59,000 registered members of this web site, representing drivers all over the world (not just South Florida), now you'll have a very sobering idea of just how difficult it will be to make any type of impact.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I might be wrong on this, but I think that 9,500 number you mentioned is just the Miami-Dade drivers, not Broward or Palm Beach. When you also consider there are just 59,000 registered members of this web site, representing drivers all over the world (not just South Florida), now you'll have a very sobering idea of just how difficult it will be to make any type of impact.
Sure but you see 9500 is a solid number that I can go by, since that is the number of licences that Uber bought for Miami-Dade county. Now with that said you don't think that they only bought licences for Miami-Dade drivers only right , considering that all of us drive down there. So I'm going with that number as a starter. We might be surprised later on but it's good number to start with. Don't misunderstand me, there is a reason Uber is so secretive.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
You should file a request to find out Uber's numbers in Miami-Dade county. It's part of public record now as it had to be disclosed when applying for the temp permit. The county even told them that they cannot protect it and that the Taxi companies can compel the state to release it.

And I'm not saddened if you think I'm a racist bigot (which I'm not, and to be fair I come from two minority ethnic backgrounds myself). The problem is with you and I believing we should be paid one sum, and some other person not caring or just happy to be done washing dishes and working when they choose. This is why South Florida gets hit so hard by Uber, and other more affluent cities do not. Philadelphia is my prime example: low immigration, higher wages. They are still over $1.00 a mile, have really decent guarantees and other incentives. We don't have those because we have a lot of poverty, and Uber takes advantage of that.

There have been many economists that have opined that Uber and Lyft will only succeed when lots of poverty exists and the job market is crap. Once the job market is better (if that happens), these companies will suffer as their pool of victims (I mean employees...) will shrink.

I'd love to see Uber get hit hard, and I'd love to be there to protest it. You're not going to convince the certain segments of population that I highlighted in my prior. Most Americans live paycheck to paycheck, with less than $1000 in savings. You try telling someone that has no savings that they need to stop working for a week.

·
Registered
159 Posts
You should file a request to find out Uber's numbers in Miami-Dade county. It's part of public record now as it had to be disclosed when applying for the temp permit. The county even told them that they cannot protect it and that the Taxi companies can compel the state to release it.
I'm pretty sure that's where the 9,500 comes from. There was a direct link in another thread to a Miami Herald article around the second week of July that revealed the magic number (precisely when MIA resumed handing out tickets for a few days).

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/article89357542.html

·
Registered
822 Posts
My best advice to people who want to drive TNC is DO NOT EXPECT IT TO WORK AS A FULL TIME JOB. That's the reality of the situation. There are arguments for the gig and 1099 economy (good for the consumer) and arguments against it (not good for the American worker).

If you feel that one outweighs the other, then this is a much bigger issue that goes beyond any particular industry or company.
And do what? There's nothing out there! Work with junkies in a telephone boiler room? Wash dishes?
What is the alternative?

1 - 20 of 61 Posts