Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. Here's the story. Last night I was right in the middle of a guaranteed Boost area - from Midnight to 3 AM and i believe it was 1.4X. I took two rides in that time window from that area though I do not any associated Boost earnings whatsoever. The only remote chance that i did not get it is because the pickups were just outside of the Boost Border. But if freaks me out as I don't have any screenshots or timestamps to investigate.

So,

1. Does Uber publish anywhere the history data of Boost / Surges? So, if you had a pickup in that area you could legitimately make a claim?
2. Is it common occurrence that Uber's system miss to capture Boost earnings? I see a dedicated Help section in the App to report missed Boost / Surge earnings I suspect it could be more frequent than it appears to be.
3. What recommendations you have to prevent these situation? Is it a good idea that we take a screenshot of every ride request, Boost / Surge Maps?

·
Registered
226 Posts
They frequently aren't added. Sometimes i get the ping with the Boost/Surge amount sometimes I don't. I always check the details of the trip before I arrive to make sure it has the boost/surge added and take a screen shot of it. I've had on multiple occasions been told by the scripts at support that there was no boost available at the location at that time even after providing screenshots.

Before you go out:

Take a screen shot of each time periods Boost map for the time you will be out driving. Uber won't help you once the time is passed. You have to prove that you are right.

Take a screen shot of all ride details.

Also be aware if for whatever reason the rider cancels the trip on you before you arrive to their destination the Boost will not apply. Learned this the hard way. Boost only counts for completed trips.

Remember Boost is Uber's money not ours so they are doing everything they can to keep it and they will. Have the evidence and you should be fine. Even if it takes a few support emails to get the bright person to help you correct it.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They frequently aren't added. Sometimes i get the ping with the Boost/Surge amount sometimes I don't. I always check the details of the trip before I arrive to make sure it has the boost/surge added and take a screen shot of it.

Before you go out:

Take a screen shot of each time periods Boost map for the time you will be out driving. Uber won't help you once the time is passed. You have to prove that you are right.

Take a screen shot of all ride details.
Thanks!
I assume most of us typically get these pings while we are driving, negotiating the traffic while the phone is glued to the holder stuck to the windshield. And, on my iPhone it requires 2 hands to press the home button and volume button same time to grab a screen shot.
This could involve me to take my hands off the steering and perhaps eyes off the road momentarily.
Let alone if it was a stacked ping and there is a Pax in the car watching you - well it may not bode well for the ratings.
Now, please tell me there is there a 'Pro' way to take the screen shots pertaining to Pings, Boosts, etc.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok. Here's a cool hack that I just found out. This will help you to take Screenshots with a single finger touch!
But this hack is only for the iPhones or iOS devices (sorry Android folks).:)

Apple has built into iOS an handicap friendly feature called Accessibility and this is our friend especially when we are driving. This feature basically creates a virtual button on your Home screen and floats around. You can add multiple functionality to this button including ScreenShot or Siri for that matter. Here are the Steps to get this added to you phone's Home Screen:

Step #1. Launch Settings app on your iPhone → Tap on General.
Step #2. tap on Accessibility.
Step #3. Tap on "AssistiveTouch".
Step #4. Turn ON "AssistiveTouch".

This will add a virtual button in a round shape on your iPhone screen.
Tapping on the button youwill find options to operate your iPhone without using Home button & sleep/wake (power) button.

Step #5. Tap on Virtual Button.
Step #6. Tap on Device.
Step #7. Tap on More.
Step #8. Tap on Screen Shot.

In my phone, I just have ScreenShot on the Virtual button.
I haven't tried this out yet - on the road - but based on my trials it appears to be significantly easier than trying to hold multiple buttons and pressing at the same time to get one Screen Shot. If you are an iPhone please go ahead and try if this helps.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Think you are overthinking it. If your sitting and you get a ping, screenshot before you start moving. If you arrive and are waiting for passenger which happens most of the time take the screenshot. It literally takes 3 seconds to do.

I don't accept stacked rides so I don't have that issue but even you if you do. When you drop off the first person. Stop, take a second, close out that ride and take a screenshot of your next one before you start moving.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Ok. Here's a cool hack that I just found out. This will help you to take Screenshots with a single finger touch!

Apple has built into iOS an handicap friendly feature called Accessibility and this is our friend especially when we are driving. This feature basically creates a virtual button on your Home screen and floats around. You can add multiple functionality to this button including ScreenShot or Siri for that matter. Here are the Steps to get this added to you phone's Home Screen:

Tapping on the button youwill find options to operate your iPhone without using Home button & sleep/wake (power) button.

Step #6. Tap on Device.
Step #7. Tap on More.

I haven't tried this out yet - on the road - but based on my trials it appears to be significantly easier than trying to hold multiple buttons and pressing at the same time to get one Screen Shot. If you are an iPhone please go ahead and try if this helps.
This really good. You can drag the floating button around the edge of the screen. Nice find!

·
Registered
607 Posts
Uber already stealing money from you and the others with upfront pricing structure. Based on my rides I noticed that on every airport ride im shortened about $5. After discovering this my initial reaction was to delete Uber account completely. After a few unsuccessful attempts to get that missing money back I just came to conclusion either not to do any of airport rides or deactivate my Uber account.
Now my take on missing boost is that you don't need to screen shot every single request which comes your way. Just take one screen shot of your boost map and the trips you do gonna be logged in your history with pick up addresses. Last time I was in boost zone the pings were showing multiplier, if it doesnt, then you send one email and it adjusts the fare.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I started taking the screenshots not because of boost but because of a 2.9x Surge fare to western suburbs in April that suddenly was a regular fare when I got paid. No evidence, no money. Doesn't matter how many times you tell support if you got no evidence that don't care and even sometimes they still don't.

·
Registered
607 Posts
I started taking the screenshots not because of boost but because of a 2.9x Surge fare to western suburbs in April that suddenly was a regular fare when I got paid. No evidence, no money. Doesn't matter how many times you tell support if you got no evidence that don't care and even sometimes they still don't.
Valid point. Once I questioned my surge multiplier to be adjusted from 1.5x to 2.0x and got reimbursement $40. I have no idea why they threw so much $$

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok. Here's the story. Last night I was right in the middle of a guaranteed Boost area - from Midnight to 3 AM and i believe it was 1.4X. I took two rides in that time window from that area though I do not any associated Boost earnings whatsoever. The only remote chance that i did not get it is because the pickups were just outside of the Boost Border. But if freaks me out as I don't have any screenshots or timestamps to investigate.

So,

1. Does Uber publish anywhere the history data of Boost / Surges? So, if you had a pickup in that area you could legitimately make a claim?
2. Is it common occurrence that Uber's system miss to capture Boost earnings? I see a dedicated Help section in the App to report missed Boost / Surge earnings I suspect it could be more frequent than it appears to be.
3. What recommendations you have to prevent these situation? Is it a good idea that we take a screenshot of every ride request, Boost / Surge Maps?
Quick update - after emailing Support they promptly made adjustments and gave $10. Oddly this shows up as Promotion / Adjustments and the respective trips haven't been altered. It was good that I noticed and asked. I'm sure there were other trips where I left some money on the table but as I haven't kept a good record I won't be able to ask about those. But going forward I'll try my best to screenshot-em to death. lol

Step #6. Tap on Device.
Step #7. Tap on More.

Ok. After posting this hack I headed out to DT and road-tested it on 20 rides. I have an iPhone 6 Plus and i can report THIS WORKS. It was a busy Saturday night and many times I received stacked Pings with Pax sitting next to me. But I had no fumbling with the Assistive Touch turned on. I spent under 2 seconds and a just a flick of my index finger to happily screen shot them away!

·
Registered
112 Posts

So,

Call support , mention promotional boost,

1 - 11 of 11 Posts