Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Very disappointed with Uber lately for these reasons:-

1) Lowered pathetic fares (feels like driving for charity)
2) Harder to achieve incentives Quest (aka Cash King)

Thinking of switching to Grab.

Can someone advise me?

1) What are the types of incentives for Grab?
2) Are there plenty of requests for Grab?

Regards,
Teck

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
My peany greeny for the.past 3 weeks... new signup might get slightly higher, I guess

GC Econ: Dear Peany, for this Mon-Sun (6-12 Feb), earn $840 in incentives ON TOP of fares, plus up to 50% CASH TOP UP on all GrabShare fares, and up to 80% Fare Boost in selected areas!

Here is your special incentive:

Peak hours:
70 trips & more: $570;
50-69 trips: $370;
45-49 trips: $250;
40-44 trips: $160;
20-39 trips: $70;
10-19 trips: $10;

Off-peak (all non peak hours):
80 trips & more: $270;
60-79 trips: $200;
40-59 trips: $130;
20-39 trips: $60;

Peak hours are
Mon-Fri: 7-10AM, 5-8PM
Sat: 8AM-10PM
Sun: 8AM-6PM

Usual AR/CR criteria apply.
All GrabShare, GrabCar Eco 4 & 6, & GrabFamily unique passenger trips eligible. See your email for T&Cs and more info. Happy Grabbing!

·
Registered
379 Posts
My peany greeny for the.past 3 weeks... new signup might get slightly higher, I guess

GC Econ: Dear Peany, for this Mon-Sun (6-12 Feb), earn $840 in incentives ON TOP of fares, plus up to 50% CASH TOP UP on all GrabShare fares, and up to 80% Fare Boost in selected areas!

Here is your special incentive:

Peak hours:
70 trips & more: $570;
50-69 trips: $370;
45-49 trips: $250;
40-44 trips: $160;
20-39 trips: $70;
10-19 trips: $10;

Off-peak (all non peak hours):
80 trips & more: $270;
60-79 trips: $200;
40-59 trips: $130;
20-39 trips: $60;

Peak hours are
Mon-Fri: 7-10AM, 5-8PM
Sat: 8AM-10PM
Sun: 8AM-6PM

Usual AR/CR criteria apply.
All GrabShare, GrabCar Eco 4 & 6, & GrabFamily unique passenger trips eligible. See your email for T&Cs and more info. Happy Grabbing!
Why yours so low ah? Mine at least have $800 for peak top tier. Can't get the $970 though.

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
at first, yes, 800.. but will nvr hit .. so targeted the below tier for best earning... so, Green knows your pattern after awhile, pay lowlow at my low tier now..oso know i nvr able to hit higher tier...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. However, are there many requests for Grab? I heard my friend who driving Grab telling me Uber has more back-to-back requests.

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
h
Thanks. However, are there many requests for Grab? I heard my friend who driving Grab telling me Uber has more back-to-back requests.
here is the thing... go straight to Greeny n experience it a bit then u will hv the answer on your own.... tips? if u r ex-Uba, then u gotto change your pattern go hunting the greener fish the way they wanna u to be.... :D

·
Registered
70 Posts
tips from a user of both apps,

1. if u are new, take advantage of Uber's 1 week free incentives from Smove to learn the ways of efficient pickups
2. once u are reasonably confident, take advantage of Uber/Grab's rental car incentive to drive a short term contract (<6 mths) to see if u really like to do this
3. when u are convinced after the above that u like to do this for a longer term (either PT or FT), buy a cheap used car (8-9 yrs old) and go for the real money with Grab incentives (Uber's a backup if u can hit the Grab's targets). you make more money from buying a cheap used car then renting in the long run.

the reason why Grab is more successful than Uber is b'c Uber has more eggs in the basket and can thus afford to pay less as compared to Grab who has a smaller operating base (countries) so it HAS to succeed or it will fail thus more incentives are given to grab market share. Uber can afford to give up China so what is the Singapore market to it?

·
Registered
983 Posts
here is the thing... go straight to Greeny n experience it a bit then u will hv the answer on your own.... tips? if u r ex-Uba, then u gotto change your pattern go hunting the greener fish the way they wanna u to be.... :D
Why not share some of your experience since you drove both? "gotto change your pattern go hunting the greener fish" meaning? Wait long time then got ping?

·
Registered
479 Posts
Grab needs alot of energy and experience to know where the crowd is. UBER fees and pings way more superior.

·
Registered
479 Posts
at first, yes, 800.. but will nvr hit .. so targeted the below tier for best earning... so, Green knows your pattern after awhile, pay lowlow at my low tier now..oso know i nvr able to hit higher tier...:rolleyes::rolleyes:
You $570 also can't hit that's why they see you no up.

·
Registered
8,302 Posts
Expect lots of $3 to $6 grab n grab share trips. Incentives wise, definitely better than Fuber.
Agree that Grab incentive is more superior but it seems uber has more pings. Especially Back-to-back pings. During peak hours, many a time we have not even dropped off the existing rider, we already received ping. Grab reputation not as good as uber. I heard a lot of bad stuff about Grab drivers from the riders. Apology, no offense to the Grab drivers. I am only speaking from what I heard. Having said that, there are some bad eggs among uber drivers. Luckily the percentage is very small.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Agree that Grab incentive is more superior but it seems uber has more pings. Especially Back-to-back pings. During peak hours, many a time we have not even dropped off the existing rider, we already received ping. Grab reputation not as good as uber. I heard a lot of bad stuff about Grab drivers from the riders. Apology, no offense to the Grab drivers. I am only speaking from what I heard. Having said that, there are some bad eggs among uber drivers. Luckily the percentage is very small.
Those riders you hear do they still use Grab?

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Why not share some of your experience since you drove both? "gotto change your pattern go hunting the greener fish" meaning? Wait long time then got ping?
go less to the areas u normally go for a Uber b2b pings.
Wondering hows the AP ping now for Grab since Uba has this $10 AP offer?

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Expect lots of $3 to $6 grab n grab share trips. Incentives wise, definitely better than Fuber.
Ubapool should follow Grabshare incentives, then we r all happy instead of reaping us off another 30% comm for any matched pool where the fare is alidi low enuf...:(

·
Registered
8,302 Posts
Those riders you hear do they still use Grab?
50-50. Some were disappointed and boycotted Grab especially on the $5 surcharge per drop off thingy. Some said the Grab drivers are mainly ah Beng and drove as if they were "fighting for dear life".

Indians from India and Caucasians are hardcore uber fans. 100% of caucasians do not take uberpool and only about 5% Indians from India would take uberpool. This is the good thing about these two groups of riders. This is based on my 5 months uber-ring encounters.

·
Registered
8,302 Posts
Ubapool should follow Grabshare incentives, then we r all happy instead of reaping us off another 30% comm for any matched pool where the fare is alidi low enuf...:(
I agree. I chided at uber wherever I have had issues on uberpool fare.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts