Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a short ride this morning...less than 2 miles. I drove 12 minutes out to pick up Pax. Drop off was at a hi end hotel. Net earnings $2.81...really? And no tip, for what ever reason I have not got any tips in over a month. My ratings is decent but maybe cause I did stop offering water and I don`t suck up to Pax. However I do smile (fake...lol) and I try to be a friendly and a pleasant driver. If it was not for the long rides that do come once in a while and rare surges, I would consider it barely surviving. Frustration is setting in...I see servers, bartenders and even Starbucks get more tips than us. Guys whats going on? Am I that stupid and how in the heck for those that drive full time make a decent living? Oh...and don`t get me started with that unfair rating system!

·
Premium Member
2,378 Posts
Yeah it can get worse. This morning got a ping from a ***** with a 4.7 rating. I decided what the hell, pings are hard to come by these days. I get to her apartment complex which was gated. I texted her for the gate code. She then calls with this very heavy Indian accent that I could barely understand. She tells me she doesn't know the code and I started laughing at her. I'm ready to cancel "no show" when she comes up with the code. I pick her up and of coarse there's no destination address so I ask her if she knew the way and she said yes, it's just across the street. I'm like, WHAT!?!? .7 tenths of a mile and most of that was driving around the American Express Campus. She got a ONE *. WTF lazy *****, it's across the street. Luckily I had just dropped off a pax and was only 3 minutes away from her. Thanks Uber. This is what it has turned out to be with these Bullshit rates.

worse.PNG

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm telling you, these lazy entitled priques and kunds can't walk 300 yards but will piss and moan about why it took so long to get to the pickup loc. Well, either no one else wanted to give your lazy arse a ride or were farther than 10 minutes away. No tips = NO 5 star ratings either. If you are a new rider with Uber, I might cut slack but not anyone else. Oops, there goes your 5 star ratings, now a 4.8 star probably.

·
Registered
519 Posts
This a byproduct of making the service so damn cheap. The riders aren't stupid and they realize the real value is in the insanely short trips. The ones that don't make us any money.

I had a ping a few months ago. I get there, and she makes me wait 15 minutes. She finally comes out in yoga pants, dressed like a dishelved bum. Where does she want me to take her? The Wal Mart which was a mile down the street. There was very clearly two cars sitting in her garage and I doubt she had been drinking. Her lazy ass just didn't want to drive and Uber is so cheap there days, why not, right? I should have canceled when I saw her 4.6 rating.

·
Registered
226 Posts
If you see any other markets having it worse than AZ, then it's very likely it's coming our way; lower fares, higher Uber commissions, forcing UBERX to XL and SUV drivers, all of that started in another city and later implemented by Uber here. We should support the October 16 driving ban or at least just drive if it gets to a 2 + surge, or just drive Lyft for that day.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My first barf from a drunk pax and a photo radar pic on the last trip of the night. A total nightmare. Passed out and gave me wrong address. This trip took me 2 hours to resolve and to include a free trip to get rid of him. Almost kicked him out in the middle of the street at 3:30 Am but was afraid he might get run over. Make things worse he locked out his phone cause too many tries guessing his code. Got home 4:30 am from Scottsdale to Goodyear tired and pissed and a ticket to worry about...there goes all my earnings. Welcome to Uber!

·
Registered
920 Posts
Sorry to hear about the barf but regarding the photo radar ticket you received no point in worry about that now. First a clear picture of you driving is required and if not it's tossed. Secondly if there is a clear pic then next step is being properly served by a court ordered server. These folks aren't the brightest lights on the Christmas tree. I believe they have 90 or 120 days to serve you. Simply don't answer you front door during this time. But be careful some servers are pretty clever and there is an incentive for them $$ to serve you. Make it as hard for them as possible be smart and you can beat this! Good Luck!

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I had a .3 mile trip two destinations in a 10 minute wait after the first destination. They're not around from arou. Do not around. Do not around from around here turn

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had a short ride this morning...less than 2 miles. I drove 12 minutes out to pick up Pax. Drop off was at a hi end hotel. Net earnings $2.81...really? And no tip, for what ever reason I have not got any tips in over a month. My ratings is decent but maybe cause I did stop offering water and I don`t suck up to Pax. However I do smile (fake...lol) and I try to be a friendly and a pleasant driver. If it was not for the long rides that do come once in a while and rare surges, I would consider it barely surviving. Frustration is setting in...I see servers, bartenders and even Starbucks get more tips than us. Guys whats going on? Am I that stupid and how in the heck for those that drive full time make a decent living? Oh...and don`t get me started with that unfair rating system!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Yeah it can get worse. This morning got a ping from a ***** with a 4.7 rating. I decided what the hell, pings are hard to come by these days. I get to her apartment complex which was gated. I texted her for the gate code. She then calls with this very heavy Indian accent that I could barely understand. She tells me she doesn't know the code and I started laughing at her. I'm ready to cancel "no show" when she comes up with the code. I pick her up and of coarse there's no destination address so I ask her if she knew the way and she said yes, it's just across the street. I'm like, WHAT!?!? .7 tenths of a mile and most of that was driving around the American Express Campus. She got a ONE *. WTF lazy *****, it's across the street. Luckily I had just dropped off a pax and was only 3 minutes away from her. Thanks Uber. This is what it has turned out to be with these Bullshit rates.

View attachment 13913
Avoid the apartments at 50th street and Bell. I call that area Little Pakistan, I don't call what people think but the folks there are stanky. I takes a fair amount if ZEP air freshener to de-gag my gag. I avoid that area.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Sorry to hear about the barf but regarding the photo radar ticket you received no point in worry about that now. First a clear picture of you driving is required and if not it's tossed. Secondly if there is a clear pic then next step is being properly served by a court ordered server. These folks aren't the brightest lights on the Christmas tree. I believe they have 90 or 120 days to serve you. Simply don't answer you front door during this time. But be careful some servers are pretty clever and there is an incentive for them $$ to serve you. Make it as hard for them as possible be smart and you can beat this! Good Luck!
This.

Arizona state laws mandates that if you don't voluntarily acknowledge receipt of the ticket, they must serve you in person. So, yeah, don't answer the door. And beware, I've heard of them dressing up in costumes and such to get you to open the door. One of my buddies got served by a guy dressed like a construction worker.

·
Premium Member
1,991 Posts

View attachment 13913
Those Indian software engineers are the worst. I'm so glad they've found Uber.

Reactions: Teksaz

·
Premium Member
1,991 Posts
I recommend them to Uber. Tell them they won't have to with the credit card machine so they can put in the $1 tip on a $30 ride.
I haven't recommended Uber to anyone, but I do suggest our Total Transit app to any grocery runs I get.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts