Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
long story short, I need to replace the engine on my GTI and I'll be out of a car for 2 weeks.

Am I able to rent a car and keep driving until I get my car back?

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Yah, who gives a rip. Do what you want to do....

Question though.... Did you burn out your engine driving for uber ?

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Question though.... Did you burn out your engine driving for uber ?
I didn't, the oil changing place I was taking my car to wasn't changing my oil or my oil filter .. the oil in my car is burnt right now and I just got it changed 2 months ago.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Only available through ubers partnership with enterprise in SF and its costly. (There's a different one through Hertz which is better but not in SF)

https://www.enterprise.com/en/business-car-rental/uber.html

Lyft's comparable program also not available here

Two weeks is probably too short to make XChange worthwhile.
do you know how to do it? I know it's costly, but I want to get my 80 rides done this week and next to get the free $1,000 incentive.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Sure, but if you have and accident you will not be covered by any insurance for anything. Your life will be ruined. Everyone will sue you. You will have to change your name and leave the country to get lawyers off your back. Also if any rider reports you driving a car that does not match your profile you will be permanently banned.

·
Banned
995 Posts
long story short, I need to replace the engine on my GTI and I'll be out of a car for 2 weeks.

Maybe one of the girls on here will let you drive on their account when they aren't driving.

You don't have to look exactly the same. Just similar. Do you know how small those pictures are? And nobody ever checks them anyway.

·
Registered
3,535 Posts

Not the rental you got from your insurance or on your own only uber 's rental would be the way to go , It's 210$ or so but compared to your GT fuel consumption you will safe 60 to 120$ on gas

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
Maybe one of the girls on here will let you drive on their account when they aren't driving.

You don't have to look exactly the same. Just similar. Do you know how small those pictures are? And nobody ever checks them anyway.
Dude !!! Fan fact , did you know that when girls look at the driver's pic and they find him unattractive they cancel (mind blown )

People love those pictures , there is even several Instagrams that focus on uber drivers selfies :confused:

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not the rental you got from your insurance or on your own only uber 's rental would be the way to go , It's 210$ or so but compared to your GT fuel consumption you will safe 60 to 120$ on gas
good point! do you know how to actually do it? the enterprise link says only Oakland is the available location to pick up from and it says they have no cars available.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I didn't, the oil changing place I was taking my car to wasn't changing my oil or my oil filter .. the oil in my car is burnt right now and I just got it changed 2 months ago.
Was the oil changing place a "Jiffy Lube"? What is the name of the oil changing place and where is it located so we can avoid it.
If you kept your receipt from the last "oil change" and documentation from your mechanic who states that you need a new engine because of no oil or burnt oil in the engine, you should be able to sue the oil changing place that ripped you off.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
good point! do you know how to actually do it? the enterprise link says only Oakland is the available location to pick up from and it says they have no cars available.
I think in that case your only option is XChange, or use an unregistered car.

XChange is going to cost 250 pickup and have to keep 30 days for 160 per week, then a 250 closing fee

Rent a car and swap plates? I have people check plate but they have no idea what make and model is

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Was the oil changing place a "Jiffy Lube"? What is the name of the oil changing place and where is it located so we can avoid it.
If you kept your receipt from the last "oil change" and documentation from your mechanic who states that you need a new engine because of no oil or burnt oil in the engine, you should be able to sue the oil changing place that ripped you off.
it wasn't Jiffy Lube, I've heard really bad things about that place .. it's called "Oil Changers" which is also a chain. I specifically went to the one on Skyline consistently. my bf had also gotten his oil changed there and went to change his oil at home yesterday and found they weren't using synthetic oil on his car, weren't replacing the oil filter and didn't replace the drain plug gasket so his car was leaking oil.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
On my old car, I had oil changers screw the alternator. I mean it was lighting up my dashboard before I was out of the driveway

The coughed up money for parts but not labor. I didn't sue because it was a nine year old car. Good chance I wouldn't win

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
Dude !!! Fan fact , did you know that when girls look at the driver's pic and they find him unattractive they cancel (mind blown )

People love those pictures , there is even several Instagrams that focus on uber drivers selfies :confused:
They will never get a ride. In 50 rides tbat i toom only had 3 decent looking girl or guy. Everyone else looks homeless

1 - 20 of 109 Posts