Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Photograph Light Green Product Nature
Handwriting Whiteboard Font Writing Technology
Handwriting Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive mirror Vehicle door
Plant Mirror Automotive side-view mirror Automotive mirror Vehicle
Plant Motor vehicle Leaf Window Automotive mirror
It's Wednesday afternoon and you've just requested an Uber. As you finish clipping in the seatbelt your driver slowly turns his head to gaze at you with a prolonged creepy smile. In a deep voice he asks "What's your favourite color?". For a moment your heart stops beating. Images race through your mind. Is he that serial killer they've been looking for?

You immediately reach for the door handle.
But just before you get the chance commando role out the door and submit a report to Uber for 'inappropriate driver behaviour' you notice something unusual -colorful writing on the windows.

You driver isn't a psychopath after all. He is Eric DiStefano, a successful Uber driver from Nashville, Tennessee who has come up with a novel way to entertain his passengers.

When you step into Mr DiStefano's car you'll discover an assorted range of liquid chalk markers in the cup holders. Riders are encouraged to draw pictures and write messages on the glass.

According to Mr DiStefano the adult passengers enjoy defacing his car and it hardly obstructs visibility. His ratings have already gone from 4.80 up to 4.82 since introducing the liquid chalk earlier this week.

When asked about plans for the future Mr DiStefano remarked "I've been overwhelmed by the media response so I haven't had time to consider where this might take me. For now I'm just chalking it up"

If you have any updates on this story please post below.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I had this idea to let them draw on a notebook or a shirt on the car

Just like everyone does on the last day of school

I had this idea when my ratings were low
They have since gone up and the response I got from friends when I pitched the idea wasn't what I was hoping for
So I kinda ditched it

I might end up doing it
I wouldn't let them write on my car though

·
Premium Member
64,547 Posts
View attachment 38650 View attachment 38640 View attachment 38641 View attachment 38642 View attachment 38643 It's Wednesday afternoon and you've just requested an Uber. As you finish clipping in the seatbelt your driver slowly turns his head to gaze at you with a prolonged creepy smile. In a deep voice he asks "What's your favourite color?". For a moment your heart stops beating. Images race through your mind. Is he that serial killer they've been looking for?

You immediately reach for the door handle.
But just before you get the chance commando role out the door and submit a report to Uber for 'inappropriate driver behaviour' you notice something unusual -colorful writing on the windows.

You driver isn't a psychopath after all. He is Eric DiStefano, a successful Uber driver from Nashville, Tennessee who has come up with a novel way to entertain his passengers.

When you step into Mr DiStefano's car you'll discover an assorted range of liquid chalk markers in the cup holders. Riders are encouraged to draw pictures and write messages on the glass.

According to Mr DiStefano the adult passengers enjoy defacing his car and it hardly obstructs visibility. His ratings have already gone from 4.80 up to 4.82 since introducing the liquid chalk earlier this week.

When asked about plans for the future Mr DiStefano remarked "I've been overwhelmed by the media response so I haven't had time to consider where this might take me. For now I'm just chalking it up"

If you have any updates on this story please post below.
Mr. DiStefano has lost his marbles.

My customers would 1* star me to death.
A grafitti laden car is "fun" ?

Stay away from my market Mr. D. !

Next it will be drunks writing all over the seats !

Children with coloring books.

Someone will sue Uber for chalk allergies.
My customers would write obscenities most likely.

Update us when Mr.D. receives his first traffic Citation for obstructed vision.Lawyers will love this if an accident occurs !

Tell Uber to not even think of adding another promise to customers at MY expense !

·
Registered
237 Posts
Maybe I could try a version of "Dick's Last Resort" restaurant, the place where the servers are rude to you. "Sit down and shut up". I'll get them to within a half mile of their destination, unless prevented by inconvenience.

·
Premium Member
1,146 Posts
Stupidest thing ever. What markets and times of day are these people driving in? Maybe if you're just driving club kids around at 2am I could see it.

I drive a fair share of business professionals, airport runs, visitors, and regular adults who are friendly, polite, quiet, and/or boring - all fine by me. If they got into my car like that (if not canceling beforehand) I would be completely embarrassed.

In my experience people really do appreciate "less is more." I'm friendly, efficient, and a good conversationalist if they care to chat. I have a 4.9+ rating and have met some nice people. Don't see the need to deface my car.

Plus why would you want your car to scream attention like that?

·
Premium Member
10,118 Posts
First, they did it to trains & buses, now someone wants to encourage these same cheapass riders to do it to his car.
Might as well issue sharp instruments so they can carve their names into the seats & door panels, too.
And what are the odds to getting chalk out of a velour hoodliner?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts