Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
I dont know about the legalities, and no doubt the Internet Legal Scholars will weigh in, all saying opposite things. But, I did this exact thing. It more than covered my additional income and I got a refund at the end of the year. I’ve done this off and on for over 10 years with other business while working a day job.. and, i’m Not in jail yet.

·
Premium Member
2,436 Posts
You make that much money at your job why do you need to do uber?
If you are in the new 37% bracket then you get to take 20% off the top for tax purposes in 2018.
What ever you earn from Uber it actually should decrease your Tax liability if you keep accurate records on your expenses and mileage.

·
Premium Member
4,745 Posts
If you pay what you paid last year there is no penalty.

I increased my withholding so I don't have to write a bigger check at tax time. The feds really don't care if you want to pay them more. ..

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
Anyone out there increase their day job withholding to cover Uber taxes instead of filing taxes quarterly? Is this legal? Does the IRS care?

Thanks in advance!
--B
Yes perfectly fine. Good idea actually

You have to pay an interest penalty.
Usually very small. If you prefer waiting it's not going cost you that much. But I think you should pay something in advance if you're full time driver.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.