Uber Drivers Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I travel quite a bit with my daughter and her softball team. I live in Lawrenceville, Georgia just northeast of Atlanta. We are frequently in other cities (even states) playing tourney's. Am I able to drive while in other cities in Georgia?

·
Registered
104 Posts
If you're out of your area and turn your driver app on, it will tell you you are out of your area (can't drive). However, some times when I turn mine on outside of my area i don't get the message and I've gotten pings. I didn't accept them but next time, I'll take it until Uber tells me i can't.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I live in Charlotte NC, and I have driven Uber and Lyft in Raleigh when visiting the in-laws. Yes I'd rather be driving Uber/Lyft than spending time with the in-laws.

I probably wouldn’t consider going to another city just to rideshare. The dead miles would kill the potential profit. If I thought of it as a weekend getaway and the rideshare would cover my expenses that would be a great way to see and learn another city. I live about 190 miles from Augusta GA. I’m thinking the weekend of the Masters Golf tournament would be a great time for me to take a weekend getaway.

Let me know if you can drive in the Charlotte market if you get up here.

Disclaimer: I still like to drive rideshare as a hobby, and it isn’t my sole source of income.

·
Premium Member
2,278 Posts
I travel quite a bit with my daughter and her softball team. I live in Lawrenceville, Georgia just northeast of Atlanta. We are frequently in other cities (even states) playing tourney's. Am I able to drive while in other cities in Georgia?
Depends on what your local setup allows you to do. UBER will allow you to drop off anywhere, but the initial ride request will need to be in an area specified by your city. Out of state is out of the question. If you have LYFT, you "can" pick up just about anywhere.

I come to Atlanta at least 4 times a year. I will get a ride into Sugar Hill for Hartsfield (1 hour north) and the UBER driver will usually get an immediate ping for the next pickup.

You might get better answers on the Atlanta message board or at your local Greenlight hub.

Good luck to you and best of luck to your daughter and her softball team.

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Uber seems to think I am in Green Bay, but I actually live about 85 miles west of there. I have used the app in Green Bay and also Eau Claire, about 85 miles farther west of me. I think it will allow me to drive anywhere in Wisconsin.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I live in California. I did have been driving for Uber and Lyft in other cities 200 miles away within califCalif.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.