Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to inquire, if it’s possible to cancel the trip after starting the delivery trip? If the area of delivery is in a war zone neighborhood, and not safe, can I return the food to the restaurant?

·
Premium Member
7,334 Posts
Call the customer after starting the trip, can even do a one ring and hang up, then press customer didn't pick up, then wait out the 5 minutes.
Uber calls the customer themselves when you press that button, and most likely the customer will answer Uber's call.

You're also required to wait at the dropoff address.

If the driver cancels the order after starting the trip, Uber gets stuck paying for the food.

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
I would like to inquire, if it's possible to cancel the trip after starting the delivery trip? If the area of delivery is in a war zone neighborhood, and not safe, can I return the food to the restaurant?
You can cancel it once in a while, but if you do that too often where you pick up a delivery and don't want to complete it for whatever reasons, you'll get a warning in the app which would go like this "We have noticed you aren't completing deliveries lately blah blah..." I heard after 3 warnings you'll get deactivated. I had my first warning like 6 months ago when I had like 5-6 deliveries cancelled in a week bcz i was unable to find the customer after calling them or texting them and waiting for more than 5 minutes.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I would like to inquire, if it's possible to cancel the trip after starting the delivery trip? If the area of delivery is in a war zone neighborhood, and not safe, can I return the food to the restaurant?
Wait are you in Brooklyn or Syria? Stop being a *****, deliveries to low income areas are usually better anyways. No gate codes or condo bullshit to deal with.

Plus you're an Ubereats driver, no one is going to rob you because everyone knows you don't have any money.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wait are you in Brooklyn or Syria? Stop being a *****, deliveries to low income areas are usually better anyways. No gate codes or condo bullshit to deal with.

Plus you're an Ubereats driver, no one is going to rob you because everyone knows you don't have any money.
I work in the section of Canarsie/Flatlands, some trips end up going towards East New York & Brownsville. I tend to have biases in those neighborhoods, as its very high crime ridden.

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
Yes, you can cancel. Not sure on the returning food to restaurant part. I would think that would be a resignation notice if the restaurant really wanted to push it. Most drivers would trash or eat the food, or so I have read.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Why people live in New Jersey is beyond me.
that's a silly and ignorant thing to say.

obviously, there's lots of negatives with NJ. the flip side of it is that there has to be positive aspects to living there.

there are obviously negative things about living in Texas. there are obviously negative things about where I live (FL)...but I chose to move here, and I choose to stay here, so here has to be good aspects of living where I live. I'm pretty sure the guy living in the taint of the northeast (NJ) is saying the same about where he lives.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Yes, you can cancel. Not sure on the returning food to restaurant part. I would think that would be a resignation notice if the restaurant really wanted to push it. Most drivers would trash or eat the food, or so I have read.
I always keep the food. I work a lot until 4:00 am. A lot of drunks fall asleep and don't answer the door. I call, wait, then move on. Lots of good stuff on the weekends: wings, cheesy potatoes, calzones...yum, yum.

·
Banned
7,360 Posts
I always keep the food. I work a lot until 4:00 am. A lot of drunks fall asleep and don't answer the door. I call, wait, then move on. Lots of good stuff on the weekends: wings, cheesy potatoes, calzones...yum, yum.
It's too bed my doctor won't let me eat what you described.
You didn't go back to the hooker and ask her if she wanted dessert?
I said seedy motel, need I say more.

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
I'm thinking even more reason to do Door Dash. They let you know ALL details up-front, as opposed to Uber who doesn't care if you feel required to deliver to war zones. They really, really hate us and can't wait to replace us with driverless cars. Not sure how that will pan out with delivery.

Says the A****** from... PORTLAND! lol hypocrite.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts