Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently, am barely making 50 to 80 a day driving Uber, can I keep working while waiting for unemployment insurance approval?

·
Premium Member
16,382 Posts
YOU CAN FILE FOR BEING UNDER EMPLOYED
And your claim can be denied due to that fact. General rule you don't get UI payments if you continue to work. Most states. IN calif you must prove you are LOOKING for employment, or the pymts stop. oops.

·
Registered
837 Posts
And your claim can be denied due to that fact. General rule you don't get UI payments if you continue to work. Most states. IN calif you must prove you are LOOKING for employment, or the pymts stop. oops.
the oops is on you there are different rules now with the new stimulus bill in place. Most states are waiving the requirement to look for other work since there isn't any work available duh. Plus underemployment does qualify for unemployment insurance especially if it's due to the virus. Get yourself educated before spouting nonsense on here

·
Registered
394 Posts
Currently, am barely making 50 to 80 a day driving Uber, can I keep working while waiting for unemployment insurance approval?
Yes. You may have to adjust your state payout when you claim your earnings. At least in California they make you call every two weeks and claim your earnings. They adjust your payout based on that.

·
Premium Member
16,382 Posts
Get yourself educated before spouting nonsense on here
not in calif, bucko. But nice try. The claim would be rejected; specially if the claimant was a ding dong and mentioned they will still driving and making money.
No state UI is going to go to 'full approval' of every single claim. First in line are those laid off and furloughed. It ain't an unlimited pile of cash.
Have a nice day, ok?

·
Premium Member
60,456 Posts
Well
Ive done it before and had no problems.

Reported any income i got from my business.

After being laid off from a job.

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
Does anyone know if Uber/Lyft will deactivate or put your account on hold if you file for unemployment?

Doesn't DOL contact your employer if you file?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts