Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

As in, is it possible to own a "luxury car" and then be marked as an owner for Uber Select but since there are more Uber X rides give out those rides as well?

For example, would you get a message that someone needs Uber Select ride do you want to accept and but also be shown Uber X rides?

Sorry if this question is noobish I just created Uber account and havent done anything yet.

Regards

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So once my account is setup. I put myself as "Uber Select" driver and then Uber will message me that "Pssst there is an X ride , do you want it?" if I deny it, would I get some sort of strike after a certain time? Because I only want to do select rides?
If someone wants Select then I'd get a message again "hey you up for it?"

This is how it works?

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
So once my account is setup. I put myself as "Uber Select" driver and then Uber will message me that "Pssst there is an X ride , do you want it?" if I deny it, would I get some sort of strike after a certain time? Because I only want to do select rides?

This is how it works?
No, there's a big catch.

In order to receive Select pings, you'll need to complete 300 rated trips and have a rating of 4.7 or higher.

About every 1 out of 3 uber rider rates a trip in the real world. So you'll need to do about 900 trips before you can get the upgrade.

After all of this is done, you can email them to have your account upgraded.

And then yes, you'll have the option to take or decline the pings.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, there's a big catch.

In order to receive Select pings, you'll need to complete 300 rated trips and have a rating of 4.7 or higher.

About every 1 out of 3 uber rider rates a trip in the real world. So you'll need to do about 900 trips before you can get the upgrade.

After all of this is done, you can email them to have your account upgraded.

And then yes, you'll have the option to take or decline the pings.
So irrespective of the car I purchase I'd start as an X driver until I do 900 trips? Basically customers get to ride in a "nice car" until I hit 900 trips for a lower price, Yeah?

·
Registered
1,212 Posts

This is how it works?
It's more like "take that, take that, take that X" with a little lube of Select.

·
Premium Member
19,592 Posts
Basically what people here are saying, don't get select car just for select. It's a rip off, pays good, if/whenever you get a long trip. It's like a high gamble, so unless you're into gambling, don't bother.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
You could..
Do more trips..
Doing..
Uber Express Pool..
On a Luxury car..
I thoigh it would never goes out of my mouth..
But.. yeah your car will look like a UberX..
Once you are accepted to do Select..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts