Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we all hate it when a rider hails and the pin is in the wrong location. Can the rider reset their location abd keep your acceptance?

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
No. That would defeat the purpose of finding the closest driver.

Unfortunately, pax need to use common sense and the resources available to them at their surroundings, for example, the street address of a restaurant found on your receipt, the address of a restaurant found above the doorway on your way in or out, the address of a restaurant on the brain of any of its employees, which may be extracted from them with a simple question, like, "Hey, I'm calling for an Uber and I don't want to be an asshat passenger nor make life any more difficult for the driver who will be assigned to pick me up who already makes pennies thanks to a greedy company who could care less about them, could you provide me with the street address to this restaurant?"

Uber could also benefit from requiring pax to watch a 30-second video on how to use the f'ing pin dropping feature like they make us watch that 20 minute video on how to use common sense.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Some drivers need to learn Even's on North and West side of street and Odds on South and East side of street, or whatever it is in their market. I had a Driver pull up to the empty lot across the street of a restaurant and call me and ask where I was. I said "turn around and look" as we were crossing the street to get to him. The pin was right. The pinhead was wrong...

He was a brand new Lyft driver. Brand New Diesel Jetta. I still gave him $3 tip because it was a restaurant-to-bar minimum fare.

It's not all PAX.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I once had to pick up a pax in dtla, I got to the pin(outside Nokia theater) and waited for about 5min. He then calls and ask where I was at(he sounded frustated). I told right where the pin was. Turns out he was actually 3 blocks away, he claimed that's where he dropped the pin. I had to cancel cuz he kept calling me just to yell and said how I couldn't read a map. Not sure why he didn't cancel, but I ended up choosing the no charge option.( should've charged him:mad:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts