Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wodering if this is possible, I can go into details later, but Im on my tablet right now and would prefer to use my laptop for a long response.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
As far as I know, after your mentoring session is over, you don't have any more contact with your mentor. Their job is just collect the info. - paperwork and answer any questions you may have... After they're done with that they move on to the next candidate and will have nothing more to do with you.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Well her and I exchanged phone numbers and she told me to contact her if I had any questions. So I did about cancellations and it came about that somehow my pax was in her car and she stated that he requested twice and got me twice. I had to drive from approx downtown toledo to village inn restaurant to pick him up, in fact he even called me to see where I was at bc he told me that on his app I wasn't moving, I told him that I was on 475 near promedica which is about 10 min out. Now on my end I hit arrived when I got to the village inn and confirmed te arrival, then about 4 or 5 mins later he cancelled, then he requests again I called him and asked him if he was having problems with the app, he said no he got another ride, so I left. Well the following day it didn't show up on my report and I texted her and she said that he requested and got me twice and that me reporting it to lyft, she said I was trying to gouge him and I was just sitting there and shouldn't expect to get 5 dollars for not putting any mileage on my car. I said I traveled 20 mins to get to him. She said no u didn't and this went back n forth for awhile.

The place I went to is NOT a place u would hang out to get rides at all, its a hole in the wall bar out in the middle of nowhere and they happen to have a party going on that night.

Hence why in the world would I be there waiting for requests? If that is what she is suggesting to me its bs. I wouldn't. Plus I tried to call her several times and showed my call log and told her lyft does track us all the time. So why would I lie about something like that?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Not to go too far off on a tangent, but you should NEVER refer to these Lyft agents as "Mentors." Call them what they are: "Trainers."

Do this in every email exchange you have with them and with Lyft, and record your ride with them (secretly if you're in a one-party state).

The fastest path to employee status is to demonstrate that you had to be "trained" to perform the work. It's almost an irrefutable indicium of employee status under the law.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not to go too far off on a tangent, but you should NEVER refer to these Lyft agents as "Mentors." Call them what they are: "Trainers."

Do this in every email exchange you have with them and with Lyft, and record your ride with them (secretly if you're in a one-party state).

The fastest path to employee status is to demonstrate that you had to be "trained" to perform the work. It's almost an irrefutable indicium of employee status under the law.
Yeah they also have a toledo facebook page, I just removed myself from it, nobody really says anything any how, except for a couple of people (which runs the webpage), other than that it is dead and their isn't any informational stuff on there to help you at all. It seems like it is a niche type group where if you don't fit in they don't want you there, but I'm here to make money period.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also tbh I would like to know why this guy had to rerequest while he was in her car? Did she steal my lyft ride? I really wanna know that? Bc I don't like having to drive for 20 min only to get my ride cancel and then have someone else steal it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
They call "themselves mentors" oh the story I could tell about mine. POS, I was his 3rd session on his First day of training...He set an appt, wanted me that very day, no could do, I had a Dr appointment. So we set it for next day at specific times at place that was close to him, as I was filling up tank the goober texted me to come early. Like a fool, I obliged him. He rolled up with a cig in hand, took pics, told me to upload the app and drove off.

The panty waste did not approve me. Looking at posts, I'm glad he didn't. He was arrogant and was pissed cuz it was hot out. Big whine bag, oh so much more I could report, but he prolly on here and would Know it's me. POS

·
Registered
735 Posts
They call "themselves mentors" oh the story I could tell about mine. POS, I was his 3rd session on his First day of training...He set an appt, wanted me that very day, no could do, I had a Dr appointment. So we set it for next day at specific times at place that was close to him, as I was filling up tank the goober texted me to come early. Like a fool, I obliged him. He rolled up with a cig in hand, took pics, told me to upload the app and drove off.

The panty waste did not approve me. Looking at posts, I'm glad he didn't. He was arrogant and was pissed cuz it was hot out. Big whine bag, oh so much more I could report, but he prolly on here and would Know it's me. POS
You should definitely report him.
I was a mentor before this new mentoring program

1 - 10 of 10 Posts