Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is not rocket science, drivers should receive higher pay in order to stay on the road! The cost of the wear and tear on our vehicles and of gasoline is astronomical! Not to mention we have to pay our own taxes, which has to be taken out of our weekly pay, so not only are we paying for our own gasoline, maintenance on our vehicles, but we also have to take out money for taxes at the end of the year!
  • Will you sign on?
  • What will change, if anything?
Uber Drivers Demand Our Fair Share

·
Registered
687 Posts
  • Will you sign on?
  • What will change, if anything?
Uber Drivers Demand Our Fair Share
No.

The poster obviously doesn't understand what ridesharing's purpose is and why major governments overruled local governments and their taxi monopolies.

Ridesharing pays crap because is not meant to be done as a living.

It's designed to leverage the general public at large (thus near unlimited drivers) into giving others rides in generally the same direction they are already going.

Yes at first Uber does use the taxi model until enough vehicles are available then it uses ridesharing model.

It does this by controlling the price pax pays and what the drivers receive. Doubling for vehicles Uber needs and single price for vehicles it has plenty of availability.

Uber provides two destination filters a day and an extra one after a long trip. So one can use these to and from work for instance and on the way back from a lengthy trip.

If they want to drive for a living they should instead look at being a taxi driver, at least there they have more control, send drivers home if it's slow so everyone makes money. No need to troll neither, just wait for the call.

Trolling is the way Uber works, one just runs around to hotspots looking for trips. In Taxis tend not to move unless they get a call.

Lots of wasted miles on Uber, burning drivers out and thats a major contributing factor why they don't make money.

·
Premium Member
28,032 Posts
It's designed to leverage the general public at large (thus near unlimited drivers) into giving others rides in generally the same direction they are already going.
People in nature Jaw Wings Happy Eyelash

If that were the case we'd have unlimited DF (and a DF that actually worked).

How many posts here have you seen from drivers saying "I went to da hood/bum****/opposite direction of where I wanted to go etc." on here?

Uber/Lyft want you going all the **** over the place with no control of where you're going.

·
Registered
687 Posts
View attachment 671003

If that were the case we'd have unlimited DF (and a DF that actually worked).

How many posts here have you seen from drivers saying "I went to da hood/bum****/opposite direction of where I wanted to go etc." on here?

Uber/Lyft want you going all the **** over the place with no control of where you're going.
I agree, DF needs considerable work. But it seems to have improved quite a bit since the last time I used it.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Not only that, I don't believe her statement saying Uber now takes 50-75% of the fare instead of 25%.

What has drastically changed on Ubers costs end that it needs to do such a thing? It's killing itself in those areas if it won't sustain the drivers it depends upon.

I do agree that driving makes for a great retiree and handicapped job. But costs to drive are pretty well known, the driver needs an income for the hours worked and Ubers outside costs + 20% take for their overhead etc. seems appropriate.

What likely is occurring is her area is flooded out of drivers and now there is very little feed for too many fish. 🐠

Now they all want a salary. 😆

I think the REAL argument is an old one in the taxi business. Retirees are given preference to remain when it comes time to trim the herd during slow periods, it because they can't do much of anything else.

Uber is rideshare, it depends upon volumes of drivers availability. No retiree preference because there is no herd trimming.

Again Uber is not designed to be done for a living

1 - 7 of 7 Posts