Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Any of you think it is worth bothering with Dash Cams/CCTV that record the 'inside' of the vehicle as well as outside?

Just looking to reduce chances of poor behaviour from those very few passengers and have some evidence if allegations are made.

I'm considering the set up from TaxiWitness which although a little pricey seems pretty useful if ever needed.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
11,869 Posts
If your camera records inside the car you need to put a clear sign inside the car saying cctv in operation

·
Premium Member
11,869 Posts
I always had one way before Uber
First few weeks with it I was so happy posting trips on YouTube
Then it's just sitting there recording the last 3 hours

Reactions: BlueSkySeas

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ta.

Not sure worth bothering with a bells and whistle setup like TaxiWitness....

Might just go for something cheap.

·
Premium Member
11,869 Posts
Ta.

Just buy cheap one from eBay

·
Registered
5,470 Posts
Ta.

Buy cheapo price, get cheapo image quality

Get genuine 1080P with good night vision capability or if you get involved in an accident when it's dark & raining the recorded image clip may be useless.

nextbase 402g is a very good single dashcam unit, Thinkware F770 is a top quality twin dashcam package with speed camera notifications and few other features.
Images on both are superb even on a 50 inch TV

·
Premium Member
8,065 Posts
Thanks will take a look.

Fair comment ref cheapo....

Cheers.
I have Transcend drivepro 200 with one of widest 160* angle of recording and it does 3hrs on the loop with supplied microSD card.
Good night recording and u can bluetooth-it with phone via app and stream videos.

I keep screen on at all times and pax would notice that asking: Does it record all? I'd say yes and they r good as gold.

Now you can get it for around £80

·
Premium Member
4,040 Posts
Hi all,

Any of you think it is worth bothering with Dash Cams/CCTV that record the 'inside' of the vehicle as well as outside?

Just looking to reduce chances of poor behaviour from those very few passengers and have some evidence if allegations are made.

I'm considering the set up from TaxiWitness which although a little pricey seems pretty useful if ever needed.

Thanks
Interesting, how long have you been an uber driver??

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Long enough.

I have an old Blackvue covers the front but thinking of upgrading as the video is not great.

Have never bothered with videoing the inside of the car but seems with these new dual cameras it might we worth while.

So asking for views from fellow Uber drivers what they think and do.

Hope that helps you understand.

·
Premium Member
4,040 Posts
Long enough.

I have an old Blackvue covers the front but thinking of upgrading as the video is not great.

Have never bothered with videoing the inside of the car but seems with these new dual cameras it might we worth while.

So asking for views from fellow Uber drivers what they think and do.

Hope that helps you understand.
Ha ha , I understand only to well.
Long enough is not really a concise enough answer, so I'll ask again,
How long have you been an uber driver??

·
Premium Member
11,869 Posts
Any way what's for food tonight

1 - 20 of 111 Posts