Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At least 5 cops, some on motorcycles some in cars, pulling people over in bulk on Mass Ave nearby Central Station this afternoon. 4 cars pulled over at once in the span of two blocks. Anyone know what they were looking for? I saw one had a radar gun, but I can't imagine that many people speed there. Maybe not yielding to pedestrians?

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
At least 5 cops, some on motorcycles some in cars, pulling people over in bulk on Mass Ave nearby Central Station this afternoon. 4 cars pulled over at once in the span of two blocks. Anyone know what they were looking for? I saw one had a radar gun, but I can't imagine that many people speed there. Maybe not yielding to pedestrians?
There was a shooting at Boston Common and they fled on the red line which is why I believe there was such a prescence pulling people over!

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
You answered your own question when you said they had a radar gun The maximum speed limit in Cambridge now is 25 miles an hour on every single street unless posted otherwise. So they were racking up those speeding tickets

·
Registered
9,254 Posts
You answered your own question when you said they had a radar gun The maximum speed limit in Cambridge now is 25 miles an hour on every single street unless posted otherwise. So they were racking up those speeding tickets
I mean 25 isn't unreasonable on Mass Ave. It's not a road where I'd go much above 30, even without any speed limits. Unless they're pulling people going 5 over you shouldn't worry (unless you're a cronic speeder).

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
I mean 25 isn't unreasonable on Mass Ave. It's not a road where I'd go much above 30, even without any speed limits. Unless they're pulling people going 5 over you shouldn't worry (unless you're a cronic speeder).
No but it is easy to get going 35 with out noticing

1 - 6 of 6 Posts