Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Screenshot_20160630-124711.png Here is a screen shot. I see no icon to be able to call the pax before arrival. I have done all the normal stuff to get it.

·
Premium Member
2,987 Posts
View attachment 46761 Here is a screen shot. I see no icon to be able to call the pax before arrival. I have done all the normal stuff to get it.
Hi Buck!

The screenshot you uploaded appears to be a screenshot of your GPS.....and NOT the Uber app!

If you switch BACK to your Uber app....there will be an icon to click on to either text or call your pax prior to arrival.

I for one, prefer to use the Uber GPS....since there is NO switching back and forth between GPS and Uber app.

Much less confusing for me. o_O

·
Premium Member
4,559 Posts
Hi Buck!

The screenshot you uploaded appears to be a screenshot of your GPS.....and NOT the Uber app!

If you switch BACK to your Uber app....there will be an icon to click on to either text or call your pax prior to arrival.

I for one, prefer to use the Uber GPS....since there is NO switching back and forth between GPS and Uber app.

The Uber GPS on my iPhone does not have a night mode like the Uber Google GPS on my Android that's why I don't use the iPhone since I drive at night a lot, also when I'm close to the party it switches back automatically

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Buck!

Damn, I thought I posted a reply. I really hate being so ignorant about his stuff. Uber help is not much help.
So when I accept a ride and the hit "Navigate" I am not on the Uber app any more? How do I get back to the Uber app with out closing it out? So if I go back to the app the fare will show up? Man I am confused.

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
Damn, I thought I posted a reply. I really hate being so ignorant about his stuff. Uber help is not much help.
So when I accept a ride and the hit "Navigate" I am not on the Uber app any more? How do I get back to the Uber app with out closing it out? So if I go back to the app the fare will show up? Man I am confused.
When you hit "navigate", the new screen will be the navigation system you chose for finding your way to pickup the pax (could be google maps, waze, etc). The Uber app is still running in the background. To view the Uber app while "navigating" to pickup the passenger, tap your home screen button, then tap the Uber (driver) icon. The "navigation\mapping" app is still running in the background while you are looking at the Uber app. To get back to the navigation app, tap the home screen button, then hit the mapping app icon. You should be able to do this flip-flopping indefinitely until you get to passenger pickup location.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
OP is clearly on an Android device. iPhone help won't work here. There is no Uber nav app for Android.

See the little blue arrows on the left side of your screen about half-way up your map? That will automatically take you right back to your Uber app. To call/text your pax, on the top left corner of the screen will be a little note pad. Tap that, tap contact, and then select call or message.

You can also tap the button to the left of your home button to switch between open apps.

I have several quick messages that I have stored so I am not trying to text and drive. I can get one off in less than a short stop at a stop sign. Most useful one is this:

"Hi! James, your Uber driver here. Can you please tell me the name of the building or business you are at so I can find you easier? I'm in a white Saturn Ion with a logo in the windshield. See you soon!"

Has helped 90% of the time. You don't need to reply when they do - and just a quick pop up at the top of the screen is about all you need for clarification.

Lyft, on the other hand, has to send a warning text about texting and driving first, which messes things up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts