Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After prop 22 fails in the states Supreme Court California will proceed with a driver minimum wage Seattle style. I can only say this is from someone I know who works at the capital and she told me to get ready to become an employee.

more to follow later.

·
Premium Member
3,392 Posts
If you have access to someone at the Capitol then please lobby them to get legislators to THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX.

We need a new type of law that is a hybrid of worker protection rules without the need to become an "employee". We need some type of collective bargaining. We need protection from deactivation without due process. We need to have a "CA Driver Benefits" credit applied to our account if we don't work enough hours to qualify for the "Healthcare Stipend". We need to see full pickup and destination info ALL the time. We need full disclosure of what the rider pays for the trip.

We don't need any of the employee status baggage that nullifies our right to go online and offline as we please.

Tell her Mole!

·
Premium Member
1,386 Posts
After prop 22 fails in the states Supreme Court California will proceed with a driver minimum wage Seattle style. I can only say this is from someone I know who works at the capital and she told me to get ready to become an employee.

more to follow later.
Hahaha y’all are funked

·
Premium Member
3,392 Posts
Yeah, Pittsburg is such a sh*thole the lawmakers have no need to go out of their way to funk its drivers.

·
Premium Member
11,690 Posts
Requiring Uberlyft to match cities' minimum wages for all time worked is a good start, but only because it declares that no company is excused from minimum earnings laws. The next step would be to make the law minimum wage plus expenses.

However, none of this is really of any benefit to drivers. If one's goal is minimum wage then that's pretty poor. I wouldn't be doing this work if I only earned minimum wage from it.

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
looked up the IRS definition of a independent contractor. They way I understand it we are not independent contractors.

·
Premium Member
3,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Then please enlighten us as to what every million dollar a year lawyer has missed in the IRS code for the past 15 years.
Interesting subject matter. But I just want a minimum wage for miles and minutes I would not mind staying an IC

·
Premium Member
1,386 Posts
Interesting subject matter. But I just want a minimum wage for miles and minutes I would not mind staying an IC
I don’t know about you, but I make no less than $25 an hour on a slow day, and no less than $40 an hour on a good day. Seems much better than minimum to me.

And that is without lawmakers meddling with our business.

·
Premium Member
3,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I don’t know about you, but I make no less than $25 an hour on a slow day, and no less than $40 an hour on a good day. Seems much better than minimum to me.

And that is without lawmakers meddling with our business.
If they raise the price you get for miles and minutes then you win. Or you can take what Uber gives you.

·
Premium Member
1,386 Posts
If they raise the price you get for miles and minutes then you win. Or you can take what Uber gives you.
$40/hour isn’t enough for you? What will be enough? Tell us how much will be enough for you to make doing this job, and we will set the law to make it that much. And then you will never ever ever ever again ask for more right? Right?!? Just give us a number. How much will be enough.

·
Premium Member
3,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
$40/hour isn’t enough for you? What will be enough? Tell us how much will be enough for you to make doing this job, and we will set the law to make it that much. And then you will never ever ever ever again ask for more right? Right?!? Just give us a number. How much will be enough.
When I first started Uber I made $500 to $600 a day so about $400 net on average in 8 hours. I think $1.25 a mile and $0.30 a minute would be a good place to start. Then a 2% increase every year.

·
Premium Member
1,386 Posts
When I first started Uber I made $500 to $600 a day so about $400 net on average in 8 hours. I think $1.25 a mile and $0.30 a minute would be a good place to start. Then a 2% increase every year.
Tell.Us. What. Number. Would. Be. Enough. For. You. To. Be. Satisfied. With. How. Much. You. Earn. Doing. This. Job.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts