Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

In 8 days drivers all over the state will be striking. More than ever drivers need to stand together to demand fair pay, expose the lies of Prop 22, and support the PRO Act, a law that will give us the right to organize and collectively bargain with Uber and Lyft.

Will you join us this week to help call other drivers?

Only by reaching every driver we can and getting their committment to strike on July 21st, will we be able to make Uber and Lyft hear us. Please join a short shift this week to do your part

·
Premium Member
1,723 Posts
View attachment 604458

In 8 days drivers all over the state will be striking. More than ever drivers need to stand together to demand fair pay, expose the lies of Prop 22, and support the PRO Act, a law that will give us the right to organize and collectively bargain with Uber and Lyft.

Only by reaching every driver we can and getting their committment to strike on July 21st, will we be able to make Uber and Lyft hear us. Please join a short shift this week to do your part
I'm pretty happy with the status quo in California.

Received over $240 in prop. 22 supplemental pay for the last week.

Seems that unprofitable contractors are clamoring for employee status while profitable contractors want to be left alone to their own devices.

Further, it seems to me that unprofitable contractors should move on to other endeavors.

There are hiring signs at restaurants and warehouses all over Los Angeles and Orange Counties. Maybe your organizing efforts should be redirected.

Finally, what does your organization have to offer to profitable contractors, other than the prospect of being a part time, minimum wage employee for the despicable gig app companies?

·
Premium Member
1,723 Posts
how is that possible? with delivery or RS?
I already told you.

Cherry picking delivery orders.

Low base fare, high tip, time consuming offers.

Two bucks a mile per dollar from home back to my driveway, not including the supplemental pay.

Seems you wife's region and mine are different.

Seems you post so much you don't pay attention to responses.

·
Premium Member
16,659 Posts
Seems you post so much you don't pay attention to responses.
I do, but I don't memorize them. What would be the point?

I still think the number you quoted is way too high. Pics or it didn't happen seems to be a recurring thing to say around here (see I pay attn). but no, don't keep all threads going in my head. ack.

btw, knowing what it will do. Since the last go around wife unit continues to make $500 per week give/take; less than 4 hours a day. Sometimes 5 days; less or more. Always getting the promos, which I'm guessing is the 2nd separate deposit.

No way she'd ever qualify for the floor payments.

·
Premium Member
1,723 Posts
I do, but I don't memorize them. What would be the point?

I still think the number you quoted is way too high. Pics or it didn't happen seems to be a recurring thing to say around here (see I pay attn). but no, don't keep all threads going in my head. ack.

btw, knowing what it will do. Since the last go around wife unit continues to make $500 per week give/take; less than 4 hours a day. Sometimes 5 days; less or more. Always getting the promos, which I'm guessing is the 2nd separate deposit.

No way she'd ever qualify for the floor payments.
I am pretty sure the second payment is the supplemental pay.

Quests or promos are included in the first payment.

When calculating my dollars per mile and dollars per hour, I use the driveway to driveway method.

I do not fool myself by basing my profits on active time.

Why don't you look at your wife's earning tab, supplemental pay is specifically differentiated from all other pay.

In the past, you stated that all her offers were like $25 to $35 each. A blessed market.

Seems I asked what her tactics were to achieving such consistent high dollar offers and your response implied blind luck in a blessed market.

By the way, if I remember correctly, your wife's gross earnings have greatly decreased since the last time you mentioned her earnings.

However, my memory may be faulty as I have recently been diagnosed with Old Timers Disease.

·
Premium Member
1,723 Posts
View attachment 604458

Hey Mole,

Seems like you posted on numerous sub-headings on this forum, but don't seem to be replying to any questions or concerns.

Seems like a typical union recruiting program.

A call to arms, collect dues, ignore the ants and rake in the dough.

Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
16,659 Posts
Why don't you look at your wife's earning tab, supplemental pay is specifically differentiated from all other pay.
I'd rather just ignore the entire thing until it is time to prepare our tax package. I do have a question, tho. Does DD keep track of ANY mileage? Wife unit can't be bothered to track her mileage, so I have to fudge it somehow. If DD keeps track of least restaurant to delivery I could just double that, I guess.

She's making at or over $500 a week; been pretty stable; I showed the Quicken report that has multi weeks on it. Since that report the deposits were north of $500 and less than $700. I usually know when she's on a quest or whatever DD calls them; she'll come home with our lunch and her phone will chirp and away she goes. I still think she is nuts. She could get an on-call job in her career and make the same money in less than an 5 hour shift.

I have headaches when i think what I made in my career vs RS; her gap is even MORE. It's nuts. She's addicted.

Reactions: Gone_in_60_seconds

·
Premium Member
1,723 Posts
I'd rather just ignore the entire thing until it is time to prepare our tax package. I do have a question, tho. Does DD keep track of ANY mileage? Wife unit can't be bothered to track her mileage, so I have to fudge it somehow. If DD keeps track of least restaurant to delivery I could just double that, I guess.

She's making at or over $500 a week; been pretty stable; I showed the Quicken report that has multi weeks on it. Since that report the deposits were north of $500 and less than $700. I usually know when she's on a quest or whatever DD calls them; she'll come home with our lunch and her phone will chirp and away she goes. I still think she is nuts. She could get an on-call job in her career and make the same money in less than an 5 hour shift.

I have headaches when i think what I made in my career vs RS; her gap is even MORE. It's nuts. She's addicted.
So, you calling me out regarding supplemental pay while you can't spend 60 seconds to determine if the wife unit is receiving such pay.

And you and your family don't know how to record mileage for tax purposes?

Seems I need to view all your future posts on a driver forum in a new light.

·
Premium Member
16,659 Posts
So, you calling me out regarding supplemental pay
wut? no idea what that crack is all about.

My family? Be precise, or don't play. Myself, I have an automated app with beacon for mileage. WIFE unit can't be bothered by any recording means. You can argue with her, I prefer happy wife, happy life. I'll deal with the carnage at tax time somehow. Hence the question, that you skipped right over in your outage over supplemental pay? Which I still say anything above a warm body could avoid. but, whatever.

I welcome new light. Kinda in the theme of 'expand your mind' I like it.

Play again, it's free.

·
Premium Member
1,723 Posts

My family? Be precise, or don't play. Myself, I have an automated app with beacon for mileage. WIFE unit can't be bothered by any recording means. You can argue with her, I prefer happy wife, happy life. I'll deal with the carnage at tax time somehow. Hence the question, that you skipped right over in your outage over supplemental pay? Which I still say anything above a warm body could avoid. but, whatever.

Play again, it's free.
So, the wife unit getting prop. 22 supplemental pay?

Seems I have asked you this many times over on different posts, but have never received an answer.

Seems your claims of her earnings hold no water. Screen shots or it's bull pucky.

That play again, it's free response seems to be your answer to all queries calling you out. It's getting old. Maybe think up a new derogatory term for when you want to be defensive.

·
Premium Member
1,723 Posts

Play again, it's free.
OMG.

It's like pulling teeth from a Neanderthal.

Did the wife unit get supplemental pay?

No shame in getting supplemental pay.

Getting supplemental pay, the second payment, means the DD driver is maximizing the prop. 22 environment.

Seems you are oblivious or are exaggerating earnings statements.

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
The world is changing boys, not only are you affected but also the entire industry of low paid jobs, you see... capitalism works like this, supply and demand prices are controlled by difficulty, risk and necessity, given you are aware of it, if you cant compete, you are ****ed; long gone are the days in which you predated on the necessity of those desperate enough to drive for you.

You don't have drivers and NOW the few ones that you have are gonna ****ing cut your income more, are we starting to see the other side of the coin now Uber and Lyft?

I did say I was from the future boys and you have no future, rig the law or not, you have a number in your forehead and eventually it will be your end.

·
Premium Member
16,659 Posts
Did the wife unit get supplemental pay?
do you understand the words coming out of my mouth? ever? (pop culture ref: if you don't get it, well move along)

How does ANYONE get the floor induced payments? A noob would make more and NOT get them. AND I'm not speaking of the medical payments as that is quite different and only based on hours.

This is like the 4th time i've explained this.

If somebody can't do deliveries and make $14 an hour, something is very very very wrong with them.

·
Premium Member
3,361 Posts

Wait, wait, wait. Are you telling me your wife is still doing delivery? I thought she quit after her intro bonus or whatever?

Oh my God, this is too funny.

She sounds like one of those ladies I see glued to the slot machines. lol.

Well, at least she's making money instead of losing it.

·
Premium Member
16,659 Posts
Are you telling me your wife is still doing delivery?
she SAID she was going to after the big bonus, but she is still going out there and it appears since there are 2 deposits a week she hits the 'quests' or whatever DD calls them. She is clearly addicted and making decent money.....so far....and the honeymoon ended a while ago. Guess market here is nutso.

All her earnings go to my son's 529 fund, so I guess it is ok. Plus she hasn't had a disaster request yet, I suspect when that happens that will change her mind......maybe.....

1 - 20 of 57 Posts