Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody do this last year? Best way to approach?How many "super trips?" can a person get outa this event? Its so close to surge time might make a nice pregame snack for partners..I bet tonight is better than new years..no choice but to find out.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
another uber clustertruck.
Screenshot_2016-01-02-15-05-09.png

·
Premium Member
2,378 Posts
Wrong stadium

Cactus Bowl is at Chase Field, downtown.

But yes, a total Clusterfork trying to pick up from UPS. Tell your pax they need to go to Cabela's if they want a ride. The traffic and little to no surge, not worth the BS.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Couple tips for mass exit events, 1) check the capacity of the stadium (google) 2) Watch it on TV for a bit to see how full the stadium is and to see if the game is a blow out (blowouts lead to lots of early exist 3) Be patient for the surge it usually wont peak until 30-45 mins after the event is over (remember these people have a bit of a walk before they get to a pickup spot.

If you don't have a request and someone ask you how much tell them they have to request you.

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
Note to Uber drivers. Figure out where the events are, ie. the Cactus Bowl is at Chase Field. Also note that the light rail runs right by there. Final note, it is a nothing burger event. Go home.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Note to Uber drivers. Figure out where the events are, ie. the Cactus Bowl is at Chase Field. Also note that the light rail runs right by there. Final note, it is a nothing burger event. Go home.
thanx. bet alot get off at first light rail stops...not worth the research.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow actually thats great info taxisuper!!! These bars along the light rail are gonna be jammin all night.
Screenshot_2016-01-02-21-40-56.png

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Come on surge in the right place at the right time!

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
If i were a surge i think i would be at washington and 1st street around 0100. alot of bars near the light rail. at that location and its far from the typical saturday spots. Im probably wrong but Ill test it. plenty of time to hit scottsdsle surge 1st if it hsppens.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
im soooo wrong.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I stayed 2 blocks south of Chase. Observed party of 4 waiting on corner 10 min waiting they saw my glowstash. Asked me if I was available. I Said yes Uber or Lyft. Activated Lyft app at same time of requests 2nd try Bang. Took ride to tempe 20 bucks. Not waiting for a Uber surge that wouldn't happen.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts