Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
8,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, today we say "Farewell" to surge. Instead, a whopping $1.75 will be added to my next fare.

Ecoregion Map World Line Font

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
Cmon guys....Surge is still a lady here.

Even a $2 prostitue is a lady (technically).

My area had the surge dissappated by the ant population. Waiting for the snow to fly so the snowflakes stay home.

·
Premium Member
2,257 Posts
I doubt if I'll hear the term long haul again. I was always better at adding than multiplying.
Yeah, I probably don't "have time" to do a flat surge long trip, knowing that Uber will keep 90% of the surge they charge the passenger. If a 45+ comes in and I'm on the flat surge, I'll just pass. Rather take regular fare trips around town than seethe with rage the whole trip

·
Registered
837 Posts
  1. Yeah, I probably don't "have time" to do a flat surge long trip, knowing that Uber will keep 90% of the surge they charge the passenger. If a 45+ comes in and I'm on the flat surge, I'll just pass. Rather take regular fare trips around town than seethe with rage the whole trip
Yup Uber calls them "lucky trips" as if they're doing you a favor by paying you a lot less

·
Premium Member
2,257 Posts
Yeah, I probably don't "have time" to do a flat surge long trip, knowing that Uber will keep 90% of the surge they charge the passenger. If a 45+ comes in and I'm on the flat surge, I'll just pass. Rather take regular fare trips around town than seethe with rage the whole trip
So now that I have experienced flat surge, I can say it's not what I thought. It is very odd that the DRIVER has to be inside the surge area to get the surge amount, but the PASSENGER does NOT have to be in the surge area. I did 5 flat surge rides today, and NONE of those passengers were inside the surge area, so Uber took a hit on every one of the rides I did. Uber made less than $1 service fee on each of my surge rides, and took a loss on 3 of them. It didn't take me long to figure out to hit last trip after each ride so I could see where I needed to go to get a surge trip, and it didn't take long for me to ignore puny surges like +$1.75.

So my words of wisdom are to drive to the heart of the surge zone and capture the largest dollar amount, then go wherever you think the rides will be.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts