Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Soo... I arrived to pick up pax (the app was still showing 1 min till arrival but I was already in front of the door) waited for 7 minutes, called the pax and no answer, cancelled with "Rider No Show " and get the finger instead of 5£ ... this happened for the entire weekend and today, Monday.
Complaining to Uber was of no help as it was like trying to communicate with monkeys - they explained me how the system works like I don't know (3 years on the platform) and how important I am for them ... I don't even need the 5£ for cancellation fee now but just not to be taken of Fouls - tell us no Cancellation Fee from now on and that's it !!!
What do you think?

Attachments

·
Registered
441 Posts
Soo... I arrived to pick up pax (the app was still showing 1 min till arrival but I was already in front of the door) waited for 7 minutes, called the pax and no answer, cancelled with "Rider No Show " and get the finger instead of 5£ ... this happened for the entire weekend and today, Monday.
Complaining to Uber was of no help as it was like trying to communicate with monkeys - they explained me how the system works like I don't know (3 years on the platform) and how important I am for them ... I don't even need the 5£ for cancellation fee now but just not to be taken of Fouls - tell us no Cancellation Fee from now on and that's it !!!
What do you think?
Everything is in the passenger favour friend. I'm not surprised.

·
Registered
732 Posts
What do you think?
I haven't had any problems getting the cancellation fee.
Map Light Rectangle Font Line
but I'm using Android.

If status is rider notified and rider then cancels u get the cancel fee
Not entirely correct, you even get the cancellation fee if the rider has not shown up within the specified time and you cancel the trip, selecting "rider no show"

·
Banned
2,378 Posts
I haven't had any problems getting the cancellation fee. View attachment 157059 but I'm using Android.

Not entirely correct, you even get the cancellation fee if the rider has not shown up within the specified time and you cancel the trip, selecting "rider no show"
Was that on surge?
Uber take a slice of the cancellation fee. Lmao.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Wonder if you could add a driver to your account and they get the use the 20% too. Care to find out?
I'll make an enquiry but i won't make any promises as i don't know the implications for my account.

Was that on surge?
Uber take a slice of the cancellation fee. Lmao.
I don't see why they should take anything from a cancellation, but at the end of the day it's £1 lol, they can keep it, i dont mind collecting £4 for doing nothing, if the £1 means a lot to you, i can give you £1 too lol

·
Registered
113 Posts
I got the cancellation fee on Saturday. The cheapo telephoned me and asked to do the u turn. I did the same and cancelled after 5 minutes with 'rider no show'. I moved from there and got the request once again from her. This time it was obviously 'No Thanks'

·
Banned
2,378 Posts
I'll make an enquiry but i won't make any promises as i don't know the implications for my account.

I don't see why they should take anything from a cancellation, but at the end of the day it's £1 lol, they can keep it, i dont mind collecting £4 for doing nothing, if the £1 means a lot to you, i can give you £1 too lol
No thanks, working for Uber, your need is surely greater than mine.
Keep chasing the surge lad.

·
Registered
843 Posts
What do you think?
It's because you wasn't at the pin and I see one pickup was on rounbout so you have to stay parked on rounbout for 5 mins to be paid.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I got the cancellation fee on Saturday. The cheapo telephoned me and asked to do the u turn. I did the same and cancelled after 5 minutes with 'rider no show'. I moved from there and got the request once again from her. This time it was obviously 'No Thanks'
Oh missed opportunity lad! I would have accepted and done this on repeat all day :D.

Question though how does it work with the new waiting charge? Do we still get cancellation fee? After 2 minutes it starts ticking in green. But what if they don't show up? Does it continue ticking or do we then have the old option of pax no show?

·
Premium Member
11,869 Posts
What do you think?
Must be customer first cancellation

·
Registered
732 Posts
Uber has to do something about making the app idiot proof for the riders or give them inductions on how to use the app.
So many times i've arrived at the requested location, bang on the pin, and i get a phone call from the rider asking me where i am!
I tell them i am at the location that they have requested and advise them to look at the map on their phone, of course they're always about 2 miles away at a completely different location!

No thanks, working for Uber, your need is surely greater than mine.
Keep chasing the surge lad.
I will.
And you cross your fingers for #SaveTaxi lol

·
Banned
2,378 Posts
Uber has to do something about making the app idiot proof for the riders or give them inductions on how to use the app.
So many times i've arrived at the requested location, bang on the pin, and i get a phone call from the rider asking me where i am!
I tell them i am at the location that they have requested and advise them to look at the map on their phone, of course they're always about 2 miles away at a completely different location!

I will.
And you cross your fingers for #SaveTaxi lol
No need. We are going nowhere lad.
Think the whole #SaveTaxi thing has been quite well explained to you in a previous post. Looks like you're doing what a few other clowns choose to do on here when they're being educated.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,109 Posts
Oh missed opportunity lad! I would have accepted and done this on repeat all day :D.

Question though how does it work with the new waiting charge? Do we still get cancellation fee? After 2 minutes it starts ticking in green. But what if they don't show up? Does it continue ticking or do we then have the old option of pax no show?
it will continue charging them 20p/m until u start the job. If however u do not get hold of them after 5 mins you should cancel as normal but you will only get cancellation fee. youll only get the waiting time if job was completed

1 - 20 of 25 Posts