Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi
im trying to save weekly money and finance new Camry from LUXOR dealership and pay monthly
they get me approved however i have bad credit on $478/Mo,, any advice before i sign on the loan

·
Premium Member
3,741 Posts
Why luxor? Why not dealership? How about an Accord? My opinion is save up a huge chunk of down payment to keep your payments low

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im paying $479 a Month ,,not weekly

Why luxor? Why not dealership? How about an Accord? My opinion is save up a huge chunk of down payment to keep your payments low
i didnt pay any down payment at luxor , they approve me with zero down payment

·
Registered
4,300 Posts
I hear you man. Hard move right there. They getting you for bad credit pretty hard tho. Im guessing its a 60minth deal? Then that would be 28k for a 20k car. Your always gona get ripped of by car dealer crooks. Just know exactly how much they ripping you off. Cuz if you decide to upgrade your going to upside down on payments. Meaning your owe more than the car is worth. Remember you drive that car off the lot it loses 5k value instantly. So ull technically owe 28k on a 15k the day you buy it. Shop around go out of state if need be.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Do not do it. Keep saving your penny's and buy your own car and do everything your self. You can still do it with no credit. Be smart do not help the rich get richer and do what makes sense for your pockets.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Do not do it. Keep saving your penny's and buy your own car and do everything your self. You can still do it with no credit. Be smart do not help the rich get richer and do what makes sense for your pockets.
but this is exactly what im doing , im buying my own car and paying monthly instead of paying weekly

how much you paying for the car what, year etc. http://www.njstateauto.com/
its 2016 and its for $15500 and im paying $478 a month ,zero down payment

·
Registered
4,675 Posts
478 for a 15500 is way too high you must be on like 15% interest. even with bad credit it is very high interest. i would rethink doing this espicailly when we don't know how it is going to be after june with this business. if you have TLC license try yellow before schools close

·
Super Moderator
3,027 Posts
You got swindled by luxor, another victim from that bastard company. 2016 for 478 monthly payment... Toyota is doing 0.0% APR offers currently and Honda is doing 0.9%. Could of gotten a 0.99%-2.99% or something from a dealership lot. You're paying a car note of a 28,000 dollar car financed for 60 months.

Edit: someone seems to of already pointed out this is a 28,000 car note payment. Also you pointed out you have bad credit... You're going to have to pay for tlc liability and collision+comprehensive coverage which will range from 4500 to 6000 a year. So add that cost too. This car note isn't the best deal in the world, maybe it is with your credit. I don't trust that company at all.

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
That's a great deal, I'm paying $1,400 a month for this basic Hyundai elantra I'm renting from luxury one corp $350 weekly and I'm never going to own it and I have excellent credit, I'm thinking I should do the lease to own myself if that's really what your paying,however the car i'd like to get would be the accord 2015 or 2016 sport as camry are out there like ants and also I don't see myself driving a camry on my personal time when I'm done with this cab driving business.

·
Registered
299 Posts
You got swindled by luxor, another victim from that bastard company. 2016 for 478 monthly payment... Toyota is doing 0.0% APR offers currently and Honda is doing 0.9%. Could of gotten a 0.99%-2.99% or something from a dealership lot. You're paying a car note of a 28,000 dollar car financed for 60 months.

Edit: someone seems to of already pointed out this is a 28,000 car note payment. Also you pointed out you have bad credit... You're going to have to pay for tlc liability and collision+comprehensive coverage which will range from 4500 to 6000 a year. So add that cost too. This car note isn't the best deal in the world, maybe it is with your credit. I don't trust that company at all.
0% APR is for personal use only. I got commercial loan for 5% APR with 780 FICO score

·
Super Moderator
3,027 Posts
0% APR is for personal use only. I got commercial loan for 5% APR with 780 FICO score
You're one of the very few who took out a commercial loan for a vehicle to do uber here. Majority are skimming the gray vague lines that can be treaded on without companies finding out.

Edit: just to elaborate, getting a commercial loan is pretty much unnecessary as once the car is in your hands the bank never does a check up when you change insurance policies. Once you slap on tlc plates the loan is now under water compared to the Tlc insurance payout. Whether you had personal or commercial loan. You'd never get enough to repay the loan in an accident situation from tlc insurance because of how those companies value vehicles. Save yourself the absurd interest rate. Your 780 would of got you 0% or 0.9% in any dealer.

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Another Camry on the road. Get a used Ford Taurus. At least you won't be a TLC agent magnet. I'm guessing you're gonna dress your car up with Lyft & Uber logos and get everyone angry at the sight of a Camry with T plates and Uber & Lyft logos. Proud Americans will give you 5 stars for buying American.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Another Camry on the road. Get a used Ford Taurus. At least you won't be a TLC agent magnet. I'm guessing you're gonna dress your car up with Lyft & Uber logos and get everyone angry at the sight of a Camry with T plates and Uber & Lyft logos. Proud Americans will give you 5 stars for buying American.
i like that it sounds ok for me its just i heard great things about Camry , thats why but i dont mind to go for any good car

i have 526 credit score lol , it cant be worse than that, and they still approved me

1 - 20 of 55 Posts