Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone worked yesterday?

It was so damn busy from 5pm-2am. I don't think I ever had back to back ping right away all night without even being able to rate my pax.

It was all On surge too...

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
No wonder. It seems a lot of drivers stopped Ubering until the insurance issues are resolved.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I did 12 trips yesterday in the downtown core. 7 out of 12 were surges. $127 net for 7 hours of actual driving between the hours of 2:30-10:00. Half hour went towards my break. All in all, Biozin is correct, the average ride is $10-11. Keep in mind, you have to receive constant surges to even make $10-$11 per ride or you'll be making peanuts.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I live in the Beaches area, downtown core is less than 10km's for me. So I stay within downtown core, unless I'm driving a customer to the suburbs. Speaking of Woodbridge, I took someone to a banquet hall yesterday and barely any pings around 6pm.

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
I did 12 trips yesterday in the downtown core. 7 out of 12 were surges. $127 net for 7 hours of actual driving between the hours of 2:30-10:00. Half hour went towards my break. All in all, Biozin is correct, the average ride is $10-11. Keep in mind, you have to receive constant surges to even make $10-$11 per ride or you'll be making peanuts.
12 trips in 7 hours??? that seems kinda low for a busy night

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
12 trips in 7 hours??? that seems kinda low for a busy night
No, actually, that seems about right. 2 trips per hour on average is totally correct.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I made $190 this past Saturday going from 9 pm to 4 am. (Net minus uber fee). I was wiped but a good night including a Woodbridge and far Scarberia. Both over $50.

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
I made $190 this past Saturday going from 9 pm to 4 am. (Net minus uber fee). I was wiped but a good night including a Woodbridge and far Scarberia. Both over $50.
27.00 an hour sounds about right .. You probably drove 225km including dead miles??

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
Went out last night for my customary 2 hours to keep my account active. First an Uber App upgrade then a Ping one block away; a girl moving from Queens Quay to St James Town with minimalist belongings. AT Parliament and Queen I get my next ping @ Bathurst and Lakeshore??? WTF!!
The downtown area was a Surge Zone but there were no PAX to be found so I parked for the night.
World Map Font Screenshot Rectangle

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
Went out last night for my customary 2 hours to keep my account active. First an Uber App upgrade then a Ping one block away; a girl moving from Queens Quay to St James Town with minimalist belongings. AT Parliament and Queen I get my next ping @ Bathurst and Lakeshore??? WTF!!
The downtown area was a Surge Zone but there were no PAX to be found so I parked for the night. View attachment 12704
I should add; the screen shot was taken @ 11.45pm on a Monday night So I highly doubt that there was lots of demand . I did open the rider app and there were 10+ cars in the immediate area (Yonge and Queens Qauy )

·
Registered
347 Posts
For me last night was crazy busy, i got ping one after another. and the surge was even at 12 at night, but i had to go home.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Made $140 cash on last night ~a Monday~ driving 8pm to 230am for a designated driving company... no insurance issues, my "chase" driver picked me up at home and my van stayed at home.

I'm not that smart... I used to drive 20~30hrs a week for Uber... they need to pay more to keep drivers.

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
Did you just use another Smartphone to make a photo of your Smartphone instead of taking a screenshot? o_O

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
:)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts