Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm pretty new & have already figured out the busy time is bar time. I hear that when the football games start, it's a major Uber time. I just wondered if that is true. Also, is it true for baseball, basketball, soccer, concerts & other activities around campus. Is there a way to find out what what they are?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Busy times are def bar time friday and saturday. You can also make decent cash on Thursdays sometimes. Football games have the highest surcharge but the excessive traffic makes for low turn around meaning its hit or miss. I honestly would say game days suck because 1) you have to deal with obnoxious sorority girls 2) everyone is diry so your car gets trashed 3) trying to coordinate with drunk passsangers is like trying to herd cats. No one seems to understand that you cant park in the middle of the street for 20 mins while their group takes their time to get outside. 4) half the people cancel their trip while youre stuck in traffic on your way to get them because "you took too long"

·
Registered
234 Posts
Gameday can be really tough with this traffic. I wrote to Uber telling them that it's unfair that these roads we're not designed to hold 90,000 people and that its hard to accept all the rides. I have a feeling though that there is beginning to be to many drivers here, cause this weekend so far is horrible.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I agree. I started off making 180+ Friday and Saturday nights. That number dropped to around 120+. Now I'm lucky to break 80.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I made $82 take home between 430pm and 1130pm with a few breaks in between... prolly 5.5-6 hours online. But less hectic without all that game day madness.

·
Registered
3 Posts
yeah, im gonna try working earlier hours. im finding the later hours, when people are trashed, really kill your ratings. Its best to take people to the bar but not be the one to pick them up from my experience.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Its best to take people to the bar but not be the one to pick them up from my experience.
I agree.

Dropping off the riders to bar crawl or a game are happy. Afterwards they are hot, tired, potentially drunk, in general a high potential to be unhappy. Also, drop offs are usually easier, where picking them up can be tricky (I'm going to save more on that Dow another thread).

·
Registered
71 Posts
I downloaded some picture of the demand hotspots from the UberFLPartners site. If I had a way to save photos so I'd have a URL to use to load them here, I would (tech advice anyone.)

Suffice it to say here is where the images indicate:

7-10am: 34th St and Archer Rd; Univ Ave mid-town (16-18th Ave)
4-7pm: 34th near 24th; Unicorn Ave mid-town
9pm-12am: Univ Ave mid town to 12th Ave (is this just Thurs-Sat.)
1-3am: Same as 9pm-12am

The UberFLPartners site lists the average gross earnings as:
Late Night: Thurs- Sat 11pm-3am: $30/hr
Early Evening: Thurs-Sat 9pm-Midnight: $25/hr
Morning Rush: M-F 7-10am: $16/hr
Afternoon Rush: M-F 4-7pm: $14/hr

I've signed up for the $500 weekend guarantee (roughly the deal is: work 11pm-3am Thurs/Fri, 3pm-3am Fri/Sat, 3pm-3am Sat/Sun) and exceeded the guaranteed $500 for the 9/10 game vs Tn.

What do you think?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Keep checking. I expect that homecoming weekend we will all get the guarantee invite.

However, the requirements to qualify for the $500 are petrify tight. I usually blow away the $500 those weekends anyway.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts