Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WELCOME TO OAK

We're excited to announce uberX is now available for all rides at Oakland International Airport, meaning you're cleared for landing whether it's the beginning or end of your journey.

TAKE A RIDE NOW

With uberX rides now 15% cheaper in the South and East bays, there's never been a better time to ride. Average fares from San Francisco are just $39.

OAK PICKUP DETAILS

• Walk away from the terminal, and cross the first traffic island before making your request
  • Your driver will meet you on the other side of the island
  • uberX, uberXL, and ASSIST trips to or from OAK are subject to a $3.15 surcharge and any applicable tolls, which will be reflected on your receipt

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
WELCOME TO OAK

We're excited to announce uberX is now available for all rides at Oakland International Airport, meaning you're cleared for landing whether it's the beginning or end of your journey.

TAKE A RIDE NOW

With uberX rides now 15% cheaper in the South and East bays, there's never been a better time to ride. Average fares from San Francisco are just $39.

OAK PICKUP DETAILS

• Walk away from the terminal, and cross the first traffic island before making your request
  • uberX, uberXL, and ASSIST trips to or from OAK are subject to a $3.15 surcharge and any applicable tolls, which will be reflected on your receipt
Cancel them all.

·
Registered
930 Posts
If you used to drive 24 hours straight and take people to OAK all day and night, with these low rates, just think of how many more trips you will be able to do in that same 24 hours driving people all day and all night!

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
I,m not driving pax to Oak airport till it is $10. Then I'll be able to make much more money because lower fares means higher income. I love being their partner.
you should see how cheap it is to go to the airport in dc, i had 2 trips this morning 7.50 each.

·
Registered
508 Posts
WELCOME TO OAK

TAKE A RIDE NOW

OAK PICKUP DETAILS

This is bullshit. I'm glad uber deactivated me. It's not worth it. Lyft pays more!

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
This is bullshit. I'm glad uber deactivated me. It's not worth it. Lyft pays more!
No. They don't. Their surges aren't as extreme as Uber's, they offer a tip function that can basically pay for your gas (maybe) and offer "power driver" bonuses and "guarantees" that GUARANTEE you are committed the them and them only. Lyft is just as much the scam as Uber claiming you're an "independent contractor" but actually an indentured slave.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I,m not driving pax to Oak airport till it is $10. Then I'll be able to make much more money because lower fares means higher income. I love being their partner.
What you don't understand is, the cheaper the fare no doubt more passengers but you are putting double the miles to make the same amount. You are hypnotized by Uber. Get the hell out of their evil spell before your car is cmpletely ruined.

·
Registered
457 Posts
What you don't understand is, the cheaper the fare no doubt more passengers but you are putting double the miles to make the same amount. You are hypnotized by Uber. Get the hell out of their evil spell before your car is cmpletely ruined.
I think Monyeforfun was adding that for snark since that's what they tell drivers. Good advise though.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
This is trashyk, ceo and founder of uber. I love taking 8 hour dips in the kiddie pool at fancy schmancy hotels like the standard in Miami beach.

What's this discontent I'm hearing?

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Better check your backend for a stick, and your head for a wrapper...
Cause from here your looking like a tootsie pop sucker.
yeah i know the airport is way too close and the rates suck. used to live off the surges but now they are fewer and fewer. if it slips under $1 mile ill leave the uber to the x cabbies and illegals , ill be done

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Dude, cabbies know for absolute fact that a certain point you are actually losing money. As for illegals, I don't know where you are, but here in Los Angeles, I see way more johns than amigos doing uber x.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Dude, cabbies know for absolute fact that a certain point you are actually losing money. As for illegals, I don't know where you are, but here in Los Angeles, I see way more johns than amigos doing uber x.
as soon as someone says illegal everyone thinks mexican. we have tons of Ethiopians , indians, arabs and everywhere else. a lot here in dc have done cabs and now do uber full time

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
It's a lot easier to sneak into the country across a porous border than swimming the mighty Atlantic. Secondly, if you work legit cab and depending how regulated by the city, you have to be a lawful worker in the country. While I know for fact that there are people from those counties that do uber I highly doubt they are illegals. Unless of course you mean they are gypsy (bandit) cabs:)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts