Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I'm having a difficult time when picking up SMU/TCU students at parties, bars, and frat houses. I've come to conclusion that it might be useful to buy a bullhorn and then use it when I arrive so that they know I'm here and where I'm located.

"PartyPantz this is your Uber driver. I'm here in a white Toyota waiting for you. Finish your beer and get you five drunk friends here so we can squeeze them all into my tiny car. Oh yea I also have an aux cord and love fast pace ecstasy music, and let me know if you guys want to do the drive thru at Taco Tell! Hello PartyPantz can you hear me?"

·
Registered
643 Posts
About that aux cord. The only music pax ever play on it is rap, dirty rap, hip hop & metallica {what ever else is that genre}.
TCU/SMU can also play that goofy white rich kid sounding rap. No idea what the artists bames are.

so I'm having a difficult time when picking up SMU/TCU students at parties, bars, and frat houses. I've come to conclusion that it might be useful to buy a bullhorn and then use it when I arrive so that they know I'm here and where I'm located.

"PartyPantz this is your Uber driver. I'm here in a white Toyota waiting for you. Finish your beer and get you five drunk friends here so we can squeeze them all into my tiny car. Oh yea I also have an aux cord and love fast pace ecstasy music, and let me know if you guys want to do the drive thru at Taco Tell! Hello PartyPantz can you hear me?"
All the reasons I mostly avoid SMU/TCU. Almost never worth the hassle for a short ride with no tip.

I did go to a TCU pickup lately on a Sat afternoon by a stadium parking lot. Freshman had a newly opened 40 oz along with the others have red solo cups. Just told them to call for a new driver when they are ready. Then another reminder to myself to never pickup there. Just too unpredictable. Once you know the student residences on the map you just avoid or cancel the trips, or do the 5 minute discreet no-show.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I collect no show at all these area.
Yea me too. I think I may have made up to $75 just in no shows last week... easy money and you know if you were to wait that the fair would be lower or same as a no show... absolutely no reason to wait. In a few times I had a no show and then an immediate request at the same place without moving my car.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I made a $1.03 fare at SMU by driving 1.5 blocks. I had just made a drop off, picked up at the same corner, then after dropping off that $1.03 fare, got a ride 1 block away going to N McKinney.......Total for the drop off, pickup/dropoff and pick up was a total of $31.13........Know where the $1.03 came from!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Yea me too. I think I may have made up to $75 just in no shows last week... easy money and you know if you were to wait that the fair would be lower or same as a no show... absolutely no reason to wait. In a few times I had a no show and then an immediate request at the same place without moving my car.
$2.85 for driving or $3.75 for cancellation. Hmmm. Can't decide.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.