Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Under the new plan, TNCs would contract with drivers and certify that safety requirements have been met before allowing the driver onto a company's internet platform. National and statewide background checks would be required, but could be processed through the County or a third party without the need for fingerprinting. Transportation network companies would be required to file a certificate of insurance demonstrating blanket coverage for all TNC drivers. The county would be allowed to audit and inspect TNC records to ensure full compliance with the proposed ordinance.
This is the key statement, Demon do you need a PowerPoint made up to break it down for you even further?

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Well, no, that wasn't what I pointed out. You seem really desperate.
You pointed out that you can't read, that you do no research, that you have no clue what is affecting you as what happens in broward happens in SFL and probably throughout Florida and possibly the nation if Uber agrees to stricter regs.

·
Premium Member
4,660 Posts
You pointed out that you can't read, that you do no research, that you have no clue what is affecting you as what happens in broward happens in SFL and probably throughout Florida and possibly the nation if Uber agrees to stricter regs.
You're getting a lot from me saying that wasn't in the article you posted. That doesn't change what you wrote though.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks zMann.
Bogen said, "I'm following the will of people." Let's hope enough other commissioners do too.
John
p.s. Will you other guys knock off the bickering, please?
As you see that BroCo is asking for an insurance Umbrella and vehicules safety inspection, since the people will is to have a safe trips too. As per Bogen statement.

·
Premium Member
3,324 Posts
As you see that BroCo is asking for an insurance Umbrella and vehicules safety inspection, since the people will is to have a safe trips too. As per Bogen statement.
"Transportation network companies would be required to file a certificate of insurance demonstrating blanket coverage for all TNC drivers."
It appears that that insurance would be provided, and paid for, by Uber. What's the problem with vehicle inspections? I don't see any mention of it in the article.
John

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
"Transportation network companies would be required to file a certificate of insurance demonstrating blanket coverage for all TNC drivers."

Reminds me of the Repuke debates where the candidates mouth off about how bad things are and how they should be, with no solutions offered.

How about some details on insuring and pricing drivers who work when, where, and if they want to?

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It appears that that insurance would be provided, and paid for, by Uber. What's the problem with vehicle inspections? I don't see any mention of it in the article.
John
Any Certified mechanic would check and approve or not as safe to be VFH, it's not complicated but still we don't know Ubers response yet.

·
Registered
206 Posts
The county has a list of mechanics the certified mechanic in any shop is the only one that can do these inspections a shop might have a couple of mechanics certified with the county. But if it's found they are not the ones doing the inspections and just signing off on another mechanics they will have a slew of charges against them. The county will only accept the signature of the mechanic on the list not just the shop

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It's clear in my message and mentioned VFH, in order to certify the safety of VFH, mechanics have to be registered and approved by the county.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
I got inspected on a Saturday. The only shop on Uber's list that answered the phone that day was a fellow who said he did inspections by coming to you. OK with me but then he told me where he would be and could I meet him? Ok with me again, except he didn't call back for several hours and it was after dark. He directs me to an apartment house and meets me in the parking lot. I think he lived there. He wanted me to pull into a pitch black parking spot between 2 other parked cars. I said no, I'll stay here under the street light.

OK, he says, and takes out his clipboard with the blank inspection papers on it. He walks around my car, fills out name, address, Vin #, etc, signs it, I hand him $35 cash and I then had the inspection out of the way. Nice network you have there Uber.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I got inspected on a Saturday. The only shop on Uber's list that answered the phone that day was a fellow who said he did inspections by coming to you. OK with me but then he told me where he would be and could I meet him? Ok with me again, except he didn't call back for several hours and it was after dark. He directs me to an apartment house and meets me in the parking lot. I think he lived there. He wanted me to pull into a pitch black parking spot between 2 other parked cars. I said no, I'll stay here under the street light.

OK, he says, and takes out his clipboard with the blank inspection papers on it. He walks around my car, fills out name, address, Vin #, etc, signs it, I hand him $35 cash and I then had the inspection out of the way. Nice network you have there Uber.
What county was this inspection for?

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
There are only 4 real problem issues:
1) insuring part time drivers when the app is on in a way that their personal insurance companies approve of so the driver has nothing to hide or fear.
2) paying Uber drivers a reasonable amount of money. $.95 a mile won't cut it and telling Pax not to tip won't cut it either.
3) limiting the number of App-on drivers in any small area to prevent both underpaying drivers and creating a traffic nuisance.
4) Uber not paying fees where Taxis have traditionally paid the piper: like airport pickups and licensing fees to operate.

The hack license and background checks are trivial.

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
There are only 4 real problem issues:
1) insuring part time drivers when the app is on in a way that their personal insurance companies approve of so the driver has nothing to hide or fear.
2) paying Uber drivers a reasonable amount of money. $.95 a mile won't cut it and telling Pax not to tip won't cut it either.
3) limiting the number of App-on drivers in any small area to prevent both underpaying drivers and creating a traffic nuisance.
4) Uber not paying fees where Taxis have traditionally paid the piper: like airport pickups and licensing fees to operate.

The hack license and background checks are trivial.
If you have the right insurance some allow rideshare, they just won't cover you app on. Allstate is partnered with lyft, they can't deny you of you do it, esurance also allows part time drivers.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts