Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,918 Posts
Brooklyn was really slow this week, except for that surge madness 2 days ago due to subway issues. I started this morning at 5:00 in BK waited for that surge which took off to 1.6X for 10 min with 0 requests.
Just decided to go for whatever Juno or Gett sent me and my first Juno request was to EWR with no surge. Hesitated a bit then just decided to do the trip since I didn't feel like waiting another 30min for small surges with no demands

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Brooklyn was really slow this week, except for that surge madness 2 days ago due to subway issues. I started this morning at 5:00 in BK waited for that surge which took off to 1.6X for 10 min with 0 requests.
Just decided to go for whatever Juno or Gett sent me and my first Juno request was to EWR with no surge. Hesitated a bit then just decided to do the trip since I didn't feel like waiting another 30min for small surges with no demands
Dude Juno is always good surge or no surge. That company put most of the money in your pocket

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Some business strategy, could have made $20/hour in a non surge area, but no, had to sit and wait for surge that never came. After all, surge, non surge, algorithm works the way that everyone makes the same over all, it happens to be $20 (+/-)/hour if you do 6-12 online, this is why pax can stand right next to your car, and you don't get a ping, but a driver who is 10 min away, not because he is a newbie and getting his guaranty, but because he made less for the day and needs to "catch up" to that $20/hour "goal" with Uber. One makes more an hour if doesn't work long shifts. If you see that you made $100 in 3/hours....stop driving, go home. Because Uber will average you out to $20/hour if you say will do another 5 hours ($60), $12/hour...Total for 8 hours will be $160, so you will be driving 5 hours only making $12/hour...gross (then take off gas, car, insurance and etc)

·
Premium Member
5,226 Posts
Some business strategy, could have made $20/hour in a non surge area, but no, had to sit and wait for surge that never came. After all, surge, non surge, algorithm works the way that everyone makes the same over all, it happens to be $20 (+/-)/hour if you do 6-12 online, this is why pax can stand right next to your car, and you don't get a ping, but a driver who is 10 min away, not because he is a newbie and getting his guaranty, but because he made less for the day and needs to "catch up" to that $20/hour "goal" with Uber. One makes more an hour if doesn't work long shifts. If you see that you made $100 in 3/hours....stop driving, go home. Because Uber will average you out to $20/hour if you say will do another 5 hours ($60), $12/hour...Total for 8 hours will be $160, so you will be driving 5 hours only making $12/hour...gross (then take off gas, car, insurance and etc)
Uber treats everyone equally....like shit.

·
Premium Member
3,909 Posts
One of the realest things I've read on this site. You actually make $30/hr before fees like they advertise but comes down to $20/hr after fees. But once you reach a certain amount of earnings there is diminishing returns per hour

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
I don't understand how yellow can be slow it's so rapid and everyday it's none stop busy if you find the pax. Even up to 2 am now with warmth they are at it on Bleecker or spring or all that village nonsense.

·
Premium Member
5,226 Posts
I don't understand how yellow can be slow it's so rapid and everyday it's none stop busy if you find the pax. Even up to 2 am now with warmth they are at it on Bleecker or spring or all that village nonsense.
I'm walking around 50 & 6'Ave. no people just Uber's and cabs it's unbelievable what happened to this industry.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I totally agree ...no way Yellow is slow lately ...
It's def not same as Pre-Fuber....but I know plenty of night drivers who are still pulling in +$300/shift ...
Having a WhatsApp group helps a lot and top of that Construction chaos at LGA has been a blessing in disguise for Yellow...
The CD lot always clears out fast if you when the flights are landing ....
We gotta work a lot harder & Smarter these days to offset the Fuber morons ...
But no way Yellow is slow ...

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That's my life story. In my case I've been in this business for a decade and I can smell what's going on. I'm not gonna break my 2016 for nothing. I'm actually behind on all payments.

·
Premium Member
9,104 Posts
I totally agree ...no way Yellow is slow lately ...
It's def not same as Pre-Fuber....but I know plenty of night drivers who are still pulling in +$300/shift ...
Having a WhatsApp group helps a lot and top of that Construction chaos at LGA has been a blessing in disguise for Yellow...
The CD lot always clears out fast if you when the flights are landing ....
We gotta work a lot harder & Smarter these days to offset the Fuber morons ...
But no way Yellow is slow ...
I did yellow for 10 years. My dad does yellow still. Its slow.

Only way to make money in yellow is to do non-traditional shifts (i.e 8 am - 8 pm)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts