Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Banned
958 Posts
Brisbane is being added to - "NO Uber Tuesday" in Melbourne. Log-OFF Tuesday!

Brisbane Uber Drivers List Of Demands

1. Fair pay. Base rates must be consulted with drivers before any major changes to the price are being made. Rates must allow for proper car maintenance, petrol, deprecation, services and odd major repairs while leaving drivers with at least minimum wage.

It is our view that current base rates should be immediately increased and be brought in line with Sydney rates. Some flexibility in rates must also be allowed to compensate for wide petrol price fluctuations.

Uber Drivers in Brisbane demand the following minimum rates to make driving at base rates viable:

Base Fare: $2.20
Per KM: $1.45
Per minute: $0.45
Minimum Fare: $8.00
Cancellation Fee: $8.00

2. There must be a limit to the number of hours a driver can work per day, which can not exceed 12 hours. There have been numerous reports about drivers falling asleep at the wheel after driving 14+ hour shifts, just to make ends meet and take home minimum pay. Absense of such a limit on current Uber platform is a safety issue and a liability.

3. Uber deactivation policy is too harsh leaving drivers with no chance of defending their case while they may face loss of their only income. Uber must use a proper due process before deactivating drivers. In matters of urgency when a driver must be deactivated, Uber must compensate this driver at a minimum wage for at least 3 weeks while the matter is being resolved. Most drivers depend on their Uber income. They can not just be cut off their only source of income with no notice.

4. Uber should not be applying its commission on GST paid by drivers. Uber must pay their own share of GST. Drivers are currently paying GST on full fare which includes Uber commission. This is just wrong, especially after the latest GST court case Uber vs ATO.

Brisbane Uber Drivers List of Suggestions

These are optional and are recommended by us as we believe they will further improve the Uber service in Brisbane:

1. Uber should introduce a basic "knowledge" test/customer service skills test for new recruits and existing drivers. There should also be a basic English knowledge test.

2. Uber should introduce higher night rates (starting after 11:00pm).

3. Uber should cap or wind down the amount of new drivers it accepts and offer more incentives to its current experienced drivers. Flooding the market with new drivers degrades the service and worsen pay and work conditions for all other drivers.

4. Drivers should be provided with more filter trips. At least 4 per day to help them better plan their working day and have more control over their daily income.

·
Premium Member
1,898 Posts
at the last meeting you had with Uber you spouted on here how a few cents per km increase was acceptable & now a few weeks later you're suggesting $1.45 :confused:

You also stated how you were against adversarial methods such as logging off / strikes etc as this was the approach adopted by the Ride Share Drivers Assoc Aust which you so vocally despise & apparently would never use the methods they do....

So which is your position ??? This week or last week ?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Most of the demands are same like Taxi..so what's the difference between Uber and Taxi..problem is that there are lot of people who have moved from Taxi to Uber looking for easy money as always..as i posted so many times..people are here to complain and blame each other..but not want to work..by the way all the best!!!..

·
Premium Member
5,427 Posts
Well said Pauls. But I think Uber would give a stuff about us. There are still plenty of idiot out there to do all the works with very little income.
I will join the "band of brothers" on Tues even though Mon. is golf day, so Tues is work day. To all those that work the obvious surge will be high, OR WILL IT ! it will be an interesting " EXPERIMENT" and I guess, we who choose to go with Paul on this one, leave ourselves open to UBER AS THEY WILL KNOW IF WE HAVE BEEN ONLINE, but I wonder if they are really interested, and besides not every driver knows of this site. Many other things here to discuss ( the theoretical implications alone are staggering) Paul you remind me of Peter Laylor at the Eureka stockade fighting for Miners Rights only problem there, he lost his arm. but did go on to be a member of Parliament. So PAUL GOOD ON YOU MATE. obviously anyone who has financial pressure would have to work, to my way of thinking that's ok, but we who are casuals and there are plenty, should take Tues, off

·
Registered
74 Posts
Brisbane is being added to - "NO Uber Tuesday" in Melbourne. Log-OFF Tuesday!

Brisbane Uber Drivers List Of Demands

1. Fair pay. Base rates must be consulted with drivers before any major changes to the price are being made. Rates must allow for proper car maintenance, petrol, deprecation, services and odd major repairs while leaving drivers with at least minimum wage.

It is our view that current base rates should be immediately increased and be brought in line with Sydney rates. Some flexibility in rates must also be allowed to compensate for wide petrol price fluctuations.

Uber Drivers in Brisbane demand the following minimum rates to make driving at base rates viable:

Base Fare: $2.20
Per KM: $1.45
Per minute: $0.45
Minimum Fare: $8.00
Cancellation Fee: $8.00

2. There must be a limit to the number of hours a driver can work per day, which can not exceed 12 hours. There have been numerous reports about drivers falling asleep at the wheel after driving 14+ hour shifts, just to make ends meet and take home minimum pay. Absense of such a limit on current Uber platform is a safety issue and a liability.

3. Uber deactivation policy is too harsh leaving drivers with no chance of defending their case while they may face loss of their only income. Uber must use a proper due process before deactivating drivers. In matters of urgency when a driver must be deactivated, Uber must compensate this driver at a minimum wage for at least 3 weeks while the matter is being resolved. Most drivers depend on their Uber income. They can not just be cut off their only source of income with no notice.

4. Uber should not be applying its commission on GST paid by drivers. Uber must pay their own share of GST. Drivers are currently paying GST on full fare which includes Uber commission. This is just wrong, especially after the latest GST court case Uber vs ATO.

Brisbane Uber Drivers List of Suggestions

These are optional and are recommended by us as we believe they will further improve the Uber service in Brisbane:

1. Uber should introduce a basic "knowledge" test/customer service skills test for new recruits and existing drivers. There should also be a basic English knowledge test.

2. Uber should introduce higher night rates (starting after 11:00pm).

3. Uber should cap or wind down the amount of new drivers it accepts and offer more incentives to its current experienced drivers. Flooding the market with new drivers degrades the service and worsen pay and work conditions for all other drivers.

4. Drivers should be provided with more filter trips. At least 4 per day to help them better plan their working day and have more control over their daily income.
I'm all for this demand for fair terms but after reading the following about Uber this company seems financially doomed.
Uber is losing money faster than any technology company ever, and it's largely because of an essential component to the company's operations: the drivers. Bloomberg reports Uber lost $1.27 billion in the first half of this year, which is unprecedented, even for a tech company.Aug 25, 2016
Why Uber Is Losing Money Faster Than Any Tech Company Ever - ...
gizmodo
Their only hope appears to be automated cars.

·
Banned
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great to see Brisbane getting on board. Brisbane's list of demands is published over Ride Share Drivers United.

A press realse and media update will be published very soon.

·
Banned
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
You also stated how you were against adversarial methods such as logging off / strikes etc as this was the approach adopted by the Ride Share Drivers Assoc Aust which you so vocally despise & apparently would never use the methods they do....
You mean RideShare Drivers United. We have no association with "Ride Share Drivers Assoc Aust".

Just to set the record straight, it is "Ride Share Drivers United" who started the Log-OFF type of strikes. It is "RideShare Drivers United" who intiated the coming Log-Off Tuesday in Melbourne and Brisbane.

Google R.S.D.U to learn more

·
Premium Member
1,898 Posts
You mean RideShare Drivers United. We have no association with "Ride Share Drivers Assoc Aust".

Just to set the record strait, is "Ride Share Drivers United" who started the Log-OFF type of strikes. It is "RideShare Drivers United" who intiated the coming Log-Off Tusday in Melbourne and Brisbane.

Google R.S.D.U to lern more
I am well aware of the difference between Ride Share Drivers United & Ride Share DAA... my comment was directed at Paul Collins as he constantly blasts Ride Share DAA stating that the adversarial approaches they use are the wrong way to deal with Uber... However now he appears to be happy to back your group even though they use an adversarial method, which he has previously criticised ...

I agree with what you are doing, just questioning Mr Collins as to where he now stands on his different comments ...

·
Registered
563 Posts
Ok enough bickering how about a show of hands, I'm definitely not driving Tues so as far as I can see that's only three of us and that's after 447 views
Last I heard there was around 9000 drivers on the books in Qld so might not be as big a pain in the butt so 1000 people not logging on to the app

1 - 20 of 41 Posts