Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BCC have already warned patrons to Adeles concerts next week to expect it to take 3 hours to get in and out of the Gabba!
Is there any word on a rideshare drop off or pickup point?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I dont think the Gabba has hosted many or any concerts before so it will be interesting.
Suncorp and QSAC have caused traffic but certainly not to that extent though when I saw Guns n Roses all of Kessells road was closed so that would of been awful

Most people should be getting the free bus to and from the venue but I'm sure there will be lots of work to and from public transport stops

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
BCC have already warned patrons to Adeles concerts next week to expect it to take 3 hours to get in and out of the Gabba!
Is there any word on a rideshare drop off or pickup point?
You may be a little wet behind the ears Taringa. Best leave Adele to us experienced drivers that have a wealth of knowledge and cunning in the ride share jungle, knowing all the answers to the multitude of dire situations an Uber Partner is more than likely to come across at an event such as this. With our experience in the congested ride share battle zone, we know no no problems, just solutions, and a knack to realise when it's time to ignore the google maps mistress and forge an unethical yet most desirable outcome for the one whom is our provider...the rider.
Don't wish away your apprenticeship and chase your dream to be among us elite Ubernaughts, enjoy the journey...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi all,
In the spirit of community sharing so we all benefit, I found a PDF link which does mention rideshare drop off and pick up points.
They are in Wellington Rd and Hurbert St.
there are a couple of road closures mentioned on here too.
I can't post the link on here but the map you want is the PDF under the section "What to Bring & Other Important Event Information" on the Gabba Adele Live page (just google it!)
Hope this helps and we ALL have a great couple of nights.

Did everyone just get the notice from Uber?

http://t.uber.com/adelebne

Hubert is a one way street heading north and Reid is one way going south.

I wonder if they've adapted the app navigation to take into account the road closures? That would be cool!

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Hi all,
In the spirit of community sharing so we all benefit, I found a PDF link which does mention rideshare drop off and pick up points.
They are in Wellington Rd and Hurbert St.
there are a couple of road closures mentioned on here too.
I can't post the link on here but the map you want is the PDF under the section "What to Bring & Other Important Event Information" on the Gabba Adele Live page (just google it!)
Hope this helps and we ALL have a great couple of nights.

Did everyone just get the notice from Uber?

http://t.uber.com/adelebne

Hubert is a one way street heading north and Reid is one way going south.
I wish yo well with Adele.
But I wonder how many riders will be going to the concert?
Surge and extended trip time could turn them off.
Hope I'm wrong, for the sake of Brissy drivers...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm actually going to the concert tonight myself but will drive tomorrow night. I think you may be right though. I think many riders will do public transport. I am!!!
But I'm thinking having an UberSelect car may give me an advantage but I could be totally wrong!
Either way it will be interesting to hear any feedback from drivers after recovering from the event.

·
Premium Member
1,325 Posts
I'm actually going to the concert tonight myself but will drive tomorrow night. I think you may be right though. I think many riders will do public transport. I am!!!
But I'm thinking having an UberSelect car may give me an advantage but I could be totally wrong!
Either way it will be interesting to hear any feedback from drivers after recovering from the event.
Book now for the early bird special I am offering
100 bucks each way-it's a steal before the surge kicks in
You can't miss me at the pickup as I will be the guy laughing and smiling all the time

1 - 10 of 10 Posts