Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had an epiphany. Uber should change the ping algorithm to match driver rating to pax rating. 5* drivers get first crack at 5* pax. Likewise, instead of kicking drivers off for low ratings, just give them pax no higher than their rating. A 3* pax deserves a 3* driver

·
Premium Member
5,238 Posts
I picked up a 3.6* pax a few weeks ago; short $23 ride ... but I got a $300 tip. Pax was ultra grateful that I picked him up; 2 previous drivers cancelled on him. Generally, unless I've personally given the pax a 1-2* rating, I'll p/u all pax ... though that has bit me in the arse once or twice.

·
Premium Member
8,333 Posts
I picked up a 3.6* pax a few weeks ago; short $23 ride ... but I got a $300 tip. Pax was ultra grateful that I picked him up; 2 previous drivers cancelled on him. Generally, unless I've personally given the pax a 1-2* rating, I'll p/u all pax ... though that has bit me in the arse once or twice.
$300 tip?

·
Premium Member
5,238 Posts
$300 tip?
yep ... couple of 5th row tickets valued at $185/each ... I wanted to go to the show anyway and wasn't planning on shelling out for the 5th row seats ... but my g/f was thrilled with the awesome seats ... so I'd consider them "same as cash"; since I didn't have outlay any cash to a gig I was going to go to anyway. Similarly, when a restaurant owner hands me a gift card for his restaurant; or any other business owner hands me a gift card for their biz ... it's all cash to me ... 'cause if I don't use it myself, I can always parlay it for something else... sometimes even for cash

·
Registered
430 Posts
Personally, I think it would be useful to see the average rating the pax has given drivers. If they give every driver a 3, there's a problem. (the problem may be they just don't understand how a rideshare company interprets ratings -- it's the only rating system I know of where 4/5 stars is considered very bad).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts