Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ANYONE who complies with this is giving up their rights. These actions constitute a breach of contract. DO NOT give away your rights. Talk to an attorney.

"As you may already know, the existing lease contracts and vehicles of Uber's Xchange Leasing program have been purchased by Fair. We will now be administering your lease as we kick off our new strategic partnership with Uber.

There are just two important items to note at this time. Other than this, not much will change!

1. Your lease payments will no longer be deducted from your Uber earnings. If you've been using this payment option, it is urgent that you arrange payments through one of the below methods. If you've already set up recurring payments with Xchange Leasing, nothing further is required of you at this time.
  2. Payment methods:
  • Online: Create an account and set up recurring payments on the website directly from your checking account (ACH method) or a one-time payment via ACH, credit, or debit card. For a limited time, if you set up recurring weekly payments on the website through your bank account you'll receive a $75 gift card.
  • Phone: Call 1-800-436-7147.
  • Mail: Send a check to "XCL Titling Trust" to PO Box 20140, Phoenix, AZ, 85036.

Thank you in advance for being a great customer and driving with Xchange!

All the best,

Scott Painter
Fair Founder & CEO"

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
My guess is same thing will happen as the last time they told me they wouldn't take my payments from my earnings anymore. They will just keep taking them from my earnings.
This makes sense... I haven't read the contract, but yeah they can not change the terms on you.

·
Premium Member
4,030 Posts
You better have a garage if you dont pay your weekly payment
Fübr has a GPS on every single one of their vehicles that they owned on the X-Change lease program. Weather or not they actually give up that information to fair, well they're not quite exactly known to be "fair."
You actually may Luck out on this and the $75 gift card may not be enough to justify a settlement in exchange for breaching their contract. This gift card is coming from fair but Fübr should of already offered you something.
When you got the vehicle you gave them permission to obtain payment from your lease from your earnings. The lease deal really isn't a good one, but I truly hope you stick it to them and you get right.

·
Premium Member
2,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We shall see. I don't think there are many leaseholders left. I believe most were suckered out of their agreements. I notice fewer and fewer lease holders reply to my Xchange threads.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have heard from several reliable sources that fair does not have the GPS location technology from Uber. Don't take my word on it though.. Who knows

And as far as repo goes I have talked to them they wait till 35 days of non paymentsd4 and 1/2 weeks before considering repo

Fübr has a GPS on every single one of their vehicles that they owned on the X-Change lease program. Weather or not they actually give up that information to fair, well they're not quite exactly known to be "fair."
You actually may Luck out on this and the $75 gift card may not be enough to justify a settlement in exchange for breaching their contract. This gift card is coming from fair but Fübr should of already offered you something.
When you got the vehicle you gave them permission to obtain payment from your lease from your earnings. The lease deal really isn't a good one, but I truly hope you stick it to them and you get right.
I've heard that Fair does not have the GPS info...

·
Registered
679 Posts
ANYONE who complies with this is giving up their rights. These actions constitute a breach of contract. DO NOT give away your rights. Talk to an attorney.

"As you may already know, the existing lease contracts and vehicles of Uber's Xchange Leasing program have been purchased by Fair. We will now be administering your lease as we kick off our new strategic partnership with Uber.

There are just two important items to note at this time. Other than this, not much will change!

1. Your lease payments will no longer be deducted from your Uber earnings. If you've been using this payment option, it is urgent that you arrange payments through one of the below methods. If you've already set up recurring payments with Xchange Leasing, nothing further is required of you at this time.
  2. Payment methods:
  • Online: Create an account and set up recurring payments on the website directly from your checking account (ACH method) or a one-time payment via ACH, credit, or debit card. For a limited time, if you set up recurring weekly payments on the website through your bank account you'll receive a $75 gift card.
  • Phone: Call 1-800-436-7147.
  • Mail: Send a check to "XCL Titling Trust" to PO Box 20140, Phoenix, AZ, 85036.

Thank you in advance for being a great customer and driving with Xchange!

All the best,

Scott Painter
Fair Founder & CEO"
How is this a breach of contract? Stuff like this happens often with mortgages.

·
Premium Member
2,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's a breach because drivers never agreed to the change in terms. What was signed was a LEGALLY BINDING CONTRACT. They can't just go in and change it without both parties consent.

·
Premium Member
2,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just heard back from the attorney. They were willing to take the case, but said that in all likelihood, I'd lose due to the arbitration clause. So if anyone was thinking of fighting this, it's a lost cause. Switch over or give up the lease if you have the means to just buy a new or used car.

·
Banned
948 Posts
Or park in the garage and change your number

You mean willing to take the case as in Pro Bono or willing to take your money?

Just heard back from the attorney. They were willing to take the case, but said that in all likelihood, I'd lose due to the arbitration clause. So if anyone was thinking of fighting this, it's a lost cause. Switch over or give up the lease if you have the means to just buy a new or used car.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Even if you lose the lawsuit, why not go through arbitration? Not everything nessiarily has to be resolved in court, arbitration could possiably still work in your favour.

·
Premium Member
14,261 Posts
I think the last week of November is the last payment I made. Rajeev tried calling last week, I gave him a long string of random fbombs and told him to come get the car cuz they ain't getting any money.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts