Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't even been out yet. Have already received a few notices that I have to buy into the P2P license in Columbus.

We shall see.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
I think Uber gives you around a month to get the license. Technically you aren't allowed to pick up in Columbus proper without the license, but thousands of drivers have ignored that and I doubt a single one has ever been ticketed for it. Give yourself a week or two of of driving, see if you like it, then get the license if you wish to continue.

Total Cost of P2P license is:

$82 License, tags, and background check ($40 License, $10 tags, $32 background check), all payable at the license agency, usually in two parts $42 upfront and $40 after background check is clear
$5 Drivers license extract
~$23 Vehicle inspection

So expect to spend about $110 to get the licence, and it should be good until the end of next June.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I downloaded the info last night. Is all that info submitted together at once and submitted to some City office. I didn't see in there where all that is submitted.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
750 Piedmont Rd, it's near E North Broadway and 71.

You submit all the items and paperwork all at once to them and pay $42, wait until the background check is done then go back and pay the other $40. You need to get the Driver's License Extract and your Vehicle Inspection first, then make sure to bring all the rest of the paperwork they need including your insurance, registration, and driver's license.

The extract I've ordered both times online and received it in 2-3 days. The vehicle inspection you may need to schedule, many places don't like to do them so they require you to schedule in advance (understandably it's not really worth their time for the $20).

·
Registered
10 Posts
You can also pick up your abstract at any BMV location. Also, and this is a fairly recent change, you need a letter of tax somthing or other, but the license bureau can request that for you, so you don't actually have to do anything.

Also they told me that my license would take up to three weeks to be processed but they called two days later and said it was done, so it was really pretty easy.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Also, and this is a fairly recent change, you need a letter of tax somthing or other, but the license bureau can request that for you, so you don't actually have to do anything.
Originally you needed a letter of clear standing with the city tax department, that was changed to become:

A completed and notarized affidavit (included in this packet) affirming that there are no outstanding city tax obligations .

This form can be completed on the spot, and they provide the notary to witness you sign it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks.

Wondering now if the state gets involved all this Columbus stuff will just be a redundancy.,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts