Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So all these guys mostly sit there smoking cigs and shootin the shit. These are brand new 65/70k trucks. That probably get horrible gas mileage. Here's my question....why? Lol....This looks like a total financial disaster. I guess a lot of these guys put some of that govt cheese to work. With lets say at least a 60 month loan and a 1000 dollar payment..not to mention all the other costs to run that vehicle. You would have to be maiking ALOT of money. I dont see it. Not all of them,perhaps a few by some miracle maybe but the rest are in big trouble unless they put down 40/50k on the vehicle,just nuts.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
You can actually get a SuBurban or Escalade Hybrid that gets better than 20 mpg in town. Lux, comfort and XL all rolled in to one.

·
Registered
7 Posts
No, the best you get in town is 16, and they do this in Tampa too, I truthfully believe they go market to market scamming/stealing rides/hacking, watch them you will notice they all have at least 3 phones, the group of 6 of them never is there not at least one of them there, they are thiefs, not one of them speaks English either.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It doesent add up thats for sure....especially now that gas is through the roof. And the way the app is throttling drivers. Everything uber offers is a ploy to get the drivers to do more for less money.

·
Premium Member
2019 Toyota Corolla
7,453 Posts
It doesent add up thats for sure....especially now that gas is through the roof. And the way the app is throttling drivers. Everything uber offers is a ploy to get the drivers to do more for less money.
I see alot of huge tanks rolling
around w livery plates on em
Someone must be taking rides in them
Idt it has anything to uber

·
Super Moderator
13,208 Posts
I don't know if this has something to do with it but drivers who purchase a vehicle weighing over 6,000 pounds and are used more than 50% for work can take full depreciation in the first year they put it in service. I don't know if this somehow financially allows them to purchase a new vehicle every year with minimal out-of-pocket expenses?

·
Premium Member
4,804 Posts
Many of us in the Ft Myers Naples area that work the airport also do private rides, every Uber or Lyft passenger is a potential regular customer. Some of the guys are able to make a real business out of it. and these are the guys that buy the big black cars. Id do it if I was 50 years younger

Ive worked the street where if Im lucky Ill get three $5-$10 rides an hour, Id much rather wait an hour at the airport for one $30 ride, I dont however go back to the airport directly, Ill stage near a hotel expecting a ride back to the airport,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts