Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I dropped off at Bradley and had no intention of picking up so I decided to grab I bite to eat at McDonald’s . As I was driving up Ella grasso to mcd I noticed I was put in airport queue. Cell phone lot is directly across mcd. I stayed in queue the entire time i was in mcd. Made me realize how better it is to stay there instead of your car in cell lot. Surprised more drivers don’t do this . Mcd has tv’s to watch and rest rooms. You can eat a meal, nurse a drink for an hour easily.

There were still too many cars for me to wait for my turn . I eventually left and picked up a ride not far away as soon as I was out of queue

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
I dropped off a college student going to the airport the Sunday after Thanksgiving and decided to try the Queue....

Started with 40 cars, I waited 25 minutes and got a kid going back to Amherst College ($ 48 fare)... I wouldn't go out of my way to work the airport, but if I'm dropping off it doesn't seem too bad...

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
I dropped off a college student going to the airport the Sunday after Thanksgiving and decided to try the Queue....

Started with 40 cars, I waited 25 minutes and got a kid going back to Amherst College ($ 48 fare)... I wouldn't go out of my way to work the airport, but if I'm dropping off it doesn't seem too bad...
That's a good strategy. Might as well, better than leaving empty. Parking is very cheap at Bradley and I don't think it's a good place to do business. I've only Ubered out of there as a rider, nicest driver I ever had, we talked biz for an hour.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I dropped off at Bradley and had no intention of picking up so I decided to grab I bite to eat at McDonald's . As I was driving up Ella grasso to mcd I noticed I was put in airport queue. Cell phone lot is directly across mcd. I stayed in queue the entire time i was in mcd. Made me realize how better it is to stay there instead of your car in cell lot. Surprised more drivers don't do this . Mcd has tv's to watch and rest rooms. You can eat a meal, nurse a drink for an hour easily.

There were still too many cars for me to wait for my turn . I eventually left and picked up a ride not far away as soon as I was out of queue
Isn't the lesson there that you had to wait an hour and still did not get a job?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts