Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I bought a used car through the Uber dealer program. Everything was going great, until Uber denied that I was on the program to the lender. I have been hounded by the lender and the dealer to confirm my consent to the dealer program and Uber has not been responding accurately. Every email, its another rep saying something different. If this goes on, I am not sure who or where to complain!? How can I maintain my ratings and earn a living when Uber denies it to the lender. I have now had the car for almost 3 weeks and they are going in circles. My advice to anyone out there considering buying through Uber, to be careful!

·
Registered
946 Posts
Surely Glados can address your concerns... :)

·
Premium Member
4,906 Posts
Hi,

I bought a used car through the Uber dealer program. Everything was going great, until Uber denied that I was on the program to the lender. I have been hounded by the lender and the dealer to confirm my consent to the dealer program and Uber has not been responding accurately. Every email, its another rep saying something different. If this goes on, I am not sure who or where to complain!? How can I maintain my ratings and earn a living when Uber denies it to the lender. I have now had the car for almost 3 weeks and they are going in circles. My advice to anyone out there considering buying through Uber, to be careful!
Is it through Breeze? I don't think they're in Houston yet, just curious. Or, maybe thru Westlake?

·
Premium Member
8,041 Posts
If you've been driving for 3 weeks, you should be able to login and printout your PAY STATEMENTS.
Those are the equivalent of a 'pay stub'.
Print them out and provide them to the lender.
OPEN UP YOUR PARTNER AGREEMENT AND LOOK AT THE FINE PRINT TOWARDS THE END ABOUT ARBITRATION. THE IMMEDIATELY SEND IN A REQUEST TO OPT-OUT OF THE ARBITRATION CLAUSE.
Only then will you be able to file a claim against Uber in court without being forced into arbitration. Sometimes, according to the CSRs here, filing a claim in court can be the only way to get Uber's attention.

Reactions: Uber's Goober

·
Registered
2 Posts
When you opt out of binding arbitration, where do you send it? Do you email it or what? I've been driving for Lyft for a while now but just got approved by Uber, which took months!

·
Premium Member
8,041 Posts
When you opt out of binding arbitration, where do you send it? Do you email it or what? I've been driving for Lyft for a while now but just got approved by Uber, which took months!
It's in your partner agreement:

-------- Nov 2014 Arbitration Opt Out Instructions ----

viii. Your Right To Opt Out Of Arbitration.

Arbitration is not a mandatory condition of your contractual relationship with the Company. If you do not want to be subject to this Arbitration Provision, you may opt out of this Arbitration Provision by notifying the Company in writing of your desire to opt out of this Arbitration Provision, either by

(1) sending, within 30 days of the date this Agreement is executed by you, electronic mail to [email protected], stating your name and intent to opt out of the Arbitration Provision
or
(2) by sending a letter by U.S. Mail, or by any nationally recognized delivery service (e.g, UPS, Federal Express, etc.),
or by hand delivery to:
Legal Rasier, LLC
1455 Market St., Ste. 400
San Francisco CA 94103
In order to be effective, the letter under option (2) must clearly indicate your intent to opt out of this Arbitration Provision, and must be dated and signed. The envelope containing the signed letter must be received (if delivered by hand) or post-‐marked within 30 days of the date this Agreement is executed by you.​

·
Premium Member
8,041 Posts
Now make sure you tell every new driver you come across! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts