Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I gave it a try today. 45.22 in 2.5 hours. Horrible. I have 1266 trips since last August and I'm not a newbie. All the boost does is make you drive in a conjested city and deal with entitled people who make you wait. And it takes away the surge I havn't seen in a long time because there are too many drivers on the road chasing after the same incentive. Yes driving in the city put me in a bad mood for crap money. Unfortunately, I have to work uber for the next few months. So all I can do is rant. This incentive shell game with drivers at unequal levels is getting old and tiresome. I have a bad feeling the boost is here to stay.

·
Premium Member
4,134 Posts
I never do Pool and I never sign up for guarantees or incentives and I still average $25.00/ hour gross. Pick 'em and drop 'em off in a cheap car and keep it simple. It's a cut rate cab until the self driving car comes along. Then it's a fading memory.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I havent driven in about 5 months, what is Boost exactly?
They are paying 1.4-2.0 at different times of the day, but they have to start in the zone. It's a surge, but not really a surge. There are a lot of drivers in the box, and it's not that big of a box.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Boost sucks. I am going Lyft and seeing how it goes. No money on this program, I have to drive to the middle of a box to get mediocre money. So I have to drive 30 minutes to get 25 bucks for two hours. It's horrible.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I never do Pool and I never sign up for guarantees or incentives and I still average $25.00/ hour gross. Pick 'em and drop 'em off in a cheap car and keep it simple. It's a cut rate cab until the self driving car comes along. Then it's a fading memory.
What's your acceptance rate if you never click on pool requests?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Hope booster won't state long because
1. Nobody will accept cheap "poo-poo" riders.
2. Drivers from burbs will go to city to make extra "buck", so burbs will be stay under serve and specially "poop" riders will wait their car forever.
I am never accept "poop" request unless I am on guarantee.

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
I gave it a try today. 45.22 in 2.5 hours. Horrible. I have a bad feeling the boost is here to stay.
According to some of the older forum threads, $45.22 in 2.5 hours is what the normal pay used to be. This Boost incentive sounds like the "New and Improved" crap that washing detergents use when marketing to gullible consumers. Spin.. spin...spin.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Did you make your hundo? I seriously need to know if it's worth it.
Nope. Made $25 per hour. Should have been easy but made the mistake of going to Wrigley. Took nearly 1.5 hours to get out. Not to mention I tried getting between 7-10 rides but every rider was requesting from blocked streets. Eventually got out then went to west loop. No more of that madness for an extra $5 per hour.

This boost is a terrible idea. It does nothing but send every driver to a certain point and creates way too much traffic. If drivers weren't forced to an area then traffic would be OK. Took one hour from Wrigley to downtown. I could have made up to $30 per hour but can't drive. Then when traffic is open the boost is gone.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Did "boost" for about 2 hr yest and made about $40 net. Too crowded DT with the Taste I guess cuz people walking everywhere, crossing against light, pax not ready or where ping says they are. Better to stay in the burbs until guarantee comes back - if it ever does.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I really think boost is the future for Uber. They have to pay out much less money and they make sure all drivers are where Uber wants them. There was so many people abusing the hourly, they figured it out.

They do need to make changes to it, like in DC and LA, make it a tiered system based on the amount of rides you give each week. More riders = higher boost.

·
Premium Member
4,134 Posts
What's your acceptance rate if you never click on pool requests?
My acceptance rate varies from 40% to 70%. I get emails from Uber complaining about my low acceptance rate but they no longer make threats. I've got over 3000 trips with a consistent rating over 4.8 stars.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts