Registered
4,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The ultimate surge killer.

Reactions: KMANDERSON

·
Registered
74 Posts
Everything that Uber has been doing is to try and limit the amount of surges that happen which ensures the cheapest ride for pax. This also screws the drivers that have no idea what they are doing or how/where to get the best money per hour.

We just have to play the game smarter or decide not to play. If as a driver you operate as normal, you will not prosper.

Remember, we live in a right here/ right now for as cheap as possible world.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Something new uber is trying. It is basically a guaranteed surge. Low bonus, I smell it is a way for them to completely stop having a surge at all.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Something new uber is trying. It is basically a guaranteed surge. Low bonus, I smell it is a way for them to completely stop having a surge at all.
Not gonna happen, surge is a result of demand outstripping supply, forecast models can help predict most of these over time but that doesn't guarantee that there is a sufficient supply of drivers to meet the demand. Case in point last night at AT&T stadium.

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't know. With how things are moving I could see them just removing surge altogether....
Not going to happen. They are even hiding the multiplier from pax now. No more surge icon or typing in the surge rate. :eek:

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
Uber is screwing us over by developing self driving cars. Then they will have a sufficient supply of cars. Until that time we are good
There is only 2 ways this can go:
1. Uber goes bankrupt dumping all money in self driving cars
2. Uber develops self driving cars that will efficiently transport passengers in about 10-15 years. Even if uber already had self driving cars ,this isnt like google maps, it will take years to perfect it for mass consumer market

1 - 20 of 20 Posts