Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else not getting the promotional boost? I've been driving for about a year and haven't received guaranteed fares in quite a while. Example Halloween has several boost tonight and I do not seem to be receiving any of them. I emailed uber and all they said was not everyone is eligible for guarantee fares. Thoughts/advice?

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
For me BOOST shows up in specific slices of the city during certain times. On Saturday night, 10/29 there were several different boosts from 1.1x (a joke) to 2.2x.

Most all seem to be for downtown, southside, Oakland, shadyside. You can see them on the map with red lines around them, the multiplier, and time.

Is boost something that I "earned" or does everyone see the same boosts at the same time?

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
For me BOOST shows up in specific slices of the city during certain times. On Saturday night, 10/29 there were several different boosts from 1.1x (a joke) to 2.2x.

Most all seem to be for downtown, southside, Oakland, shadyside. You can see them on the map with red lines around them, the multiplier, and time.

Is boost something that I "earned" or does everyone see the same boosts at the same time?
I'm thinking everyone sees them but if some drivers do not have boost zones under the earnings tab within the app maybe that's not the case.

But that boost zone tonight ;)

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Did anyone do well on the 3.5x boost in the Southside last night?

·
Premium Member
814 Posts
Did anyone do well on the 3.5x boost in the Southside last night?
There was literally a driver every 1o feet because of the promo, so only caught one. Nice getting $16 for a ride to the Strip, but it was only a few runs back and forth to the airport that made the night worthwhile.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
There was literally a driver every 1o feet because of the promo, so only caught one. Nice getting $16 for a ride to the Strip, but it was only a few runs back and forth to the airport that made the night worthwhile.
Exactlyyy, it was the ULTIMATE carrot on a stick. I saw 4 Uber cars back to back on Carson St. I sat right on Carson near The Flats. Guys, I was online in the Southside for 1 hour and 40 minutes before I got a boost ride! At 1:40 I was lucky enough to finally get a 3.5x ride. I sat by the Flats, I went down towards Hofbrahaus, I even tried Oakland. I was frustrated to say the least, everyone and their mom came out for this carrot that never delivered. Literally every car was an Uber, pure luck to get a request. Ridiculous.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Monday night Halloween is a non-event. All the parties and demand was on Saturday night.
Still saw about 25% as many people out last night, what hurt is what I said above, 300% as many drivers >_>

·
Premium Member
814 Posts
my promotions tab is always empty.
Yeah Uber does have certain internal requirements to be eligible for promos which they don't disclose. No. of rides per month & rating probably factor into it, I'd guess. A big reason Uber isn't profitable is the amount of cash they're burning worldwide on driver promotions. They can sustain that burn rate only 'cause they've got billions & billions in VC money backing them. It'll go away eventually. Get it while you can (if you're eligible for promos that is).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts