Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies if this has been covered. Upset about losing boost. But today while comparing phones with another driver, he had boost for this afternoon.

Doesnt seem right or fair. Also, deleted and reinstalled app to see if that was a factor, same result.

Any insights appreciated.

·
Banned
5,383 Posts
Welcome and your concerns are real. Protip...do not based more than 10-20% of your rideshare based financial wellbeing on an inner city boost. Focus on surgelife as much as you can instead.
I agree with that for the most part. I have some sweet boost hideouts that are pretty solid but other than those know locations it seems that boost draws in too much competition to be reliable.

·
Premium Member
7,485 Posts
I agree with that for the most part. I have some sweet boost hideouts that are pretty solid but other than those know locations it seems that boost draws in too much competition to be reliable.
Uber Avenger!!!Hideouts and secret spots to make sure other drivers can get the pings than I got.!!!!
Patrolling the streets to keep paxs shuffle free from the evils Uber drivers!!!
Bingo Country Club VIP services just for the wealthy.

All go back to childhood when nobody want to share the table to lunch with you.Definitely need profesional help.

·
Premium Member
24,509 Posts
Hideouts and secret spots to make sure other drivers can get the pings than I got.!!!!
Actually while I disagree with the Bingo playing resident contrarian shut-in , on this I am in 100% agreement. I have several honeyholes that I've found through trial and error, as well as being observant. I've shared them with Deplorables at Meetups but I'm not posting them here or else I'll be surrounded by White Earpiece Brigade Team Camry members.

In that sense we are competition.

·
Banned
5,383 Posts
Uber Avenger!!!Hideouts and secret spots to make sure other drivers can get the pings than I got.!!!!
Patrolling the streets to keep paxs shuffle free from the evils Uber drivers!!!
Bingo Country Club VIP services just for the wealthy.

All go back to childhood when nobody want to share the table to lunch with you.Definitely need profesional help.
Again making assertions that you know nothing about.

·
Premium Member
7,485 Posts
Actually while I disagree with the Bingo playing resident contrarian shut-in , on this I am in 100% agreement. I have several honeyholes that I've found through trial and error, as well as being observant. I've shared them with Deplorables at Meetups but I'm not posting them here or else I'll be surrounded by White Earpiece Brigade Team Camry members.

In that sense we are competition.
Friend, it is nothing wrong to look for an edge, to develop a system to work more efficient.What matters is the intent.What is your intent?
Make more money. Get profitable pings?
Nothing wrong with that.Actially pretty smart.
When your intend is ME,ME,ME and I don't want anyone to get paid, and every time I post a comment is to bash other drivers,or criticize their business decision preaching a fake morality, THAT IS a different story.
We all out there try to get trips , but we do not have control who gets them.
You can say in a way we compete, but Really?
The jobs are supposedly assigned on proximity, the only thing we can do is BE THERE.
We can be quicker, within a better car, more experience and seasoned driver and still does not matter.
Personally I don't see it as a COMPETITION.
My fortune does not depends on someone misfortune.
It depends on the effort, we are willing to invest.

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
Friend, it is nothing wrong to look for an edge, to develop a system to work more efficient.What matters is the intent.What is your intent?
When your intend is ME,ME,ME and I don't want anyone to get paid, and every time I post a comment is to bash other drivers,or criticize their business decision preaching a fake morality, THAT IS a different story.
The jobs are supposedly assigned on proximity, the only thing we can do is BE THERE.
We can be quicker, within a better car, more experience and seasoned driver and still does not matter.
New2This is right. Honey holes and expert tactics are best shared with someone you would respect enough to share a meal and a drink with...I share lots of perspectives and tactics and I would not dare share some of the secret shit I have been entrusted with ....for valid reasons.

·
Premium Member
24,509 Posts
My intent is to maximize profit of every trip. I rarely have trips that are single digits, and when I do I actually get pissed. To an extent I am ME ME ME in this. I want everyone to do well, but I also am going to make sure I'M profitable before I lift a hand to help any other Deplorables, especially lurkers. I'll help people I like (even if I vehemently disagree with them on issues :D) but I'm slitting my own throat financially if I tell every gimmick I have.

I'm not going to go around intentionally screwing over other drivers. If I get better pings based on what I do sorry but not sorry.

If people are paying attention my screenshots do give some clues what I do.

·
Premium Member
7,485 Posts
My intent is to maximize profit of every trip. I rarely have trips that are single digits, and when I do I actually get pissed. To an extent I am ME ME ME in this. I want everyone to do well, but I also am going to make sure I'M profitable before I lift a hand to help any other Deplorables, especially lurkers. I'll help people I like (even if I vehemently disagree with them on issues :D) but I'm slitting my own throat financially if I tell every gimmick I have.

I'm not going to go around intentionally screwing over other drivers. If I get better pings based on what I do sorry but not sorry.

If people are paying attention my screenshots do give some clues what I do.
Agreed completely. No need to share your methods.
Still , I wish all of you to do well. Let the best get the bigger prices.

·
Banned
5,383 Posts
Agreed completely. No need to share your methods.
Still , I wish all of you to do well. Let the best get the bigger prices.
I have no problem with anyone doing the best that they can do hell I rally behind people succeeding. The only thing that I take issue with is when those gains are achieved thru deception.

·
Premium Member
7,485 Posts
I have no problem with anyone doing the best that they can do hell I rally behind people succeeding. The only thing that I take issue with is when those gains are achieved thru deception.
Here we go again, we all drceip by UBER
I remember my recruiment ad of 35 dollar an hour.
Dont hear you defending the deceits driver than keep driving for half the advertised rates.

·
Banned
5,383 Posts
Dont hear you defending the deceits driver than keep driving for half the advertised rates.
I have called Uber on their scamming ways many times when I see it.

They never promised me $35 per hour and I never saw those advertisements before starting with Uber. They seem to be very up front with what they will pay us now though with a set rate per mile and per minute minus their cut. If they did promise me that much and did not live up to their end I would be pissed it is true and I understand drivers who are angry about that. That being said where I start having a heartburn is when people start with the relativity and saying that they are correct in deceiving others because they were deceived.

·
Registered
655 Posts
County School bus drivers $19+- in the DMV. All track trailer drivers will quit if UBER makes $35/hour. $17 will be the maximum gross. My pizza is $18(net)

·
Premium Member
7,485 Posts
I have called Uber on their scamming ways many times when I see it.

They never promised me $35 per hour and I never saw those advertisements before starting with Uber. They seem to be very up front with what they will pay us now though with a set rate per mile and per minute minus their cut. If they did promise me that much and did not live up to their end I would be pissed it is true and I understand drivers who are angry about that. That being said where I start having a heartburn is when people start with the relativity and saying that they are correct in deceiving others because they were deceived.
I don t know were you get the deceiving part.
You keep talking like some of us are a bunch of criminals.
Let me be very clear. I uphold my part of the deal when I drive for mile/ minute pay.
If a pax has to pay a fee because him or her are not in the predetermine place or time , they are not upholding their part of the deal.This is the part where you are ONE WAY. You keep bashing the drivers any time you have a chance.As a difference, I give the benefit of the doubt to the GUY OR GIRL that goes out everyday in this business to make a living.

Don't expect you to understand. You proven over and over on your coments that you dispisse people that , in my view,they are just trying to make a living.
You just bring over an over a FAKE MORAL STAND showing a lack of humanity on most situations.

·
Banned
5,383 Posts
I don t know were you get the deceiving part.
You keep talking like some of us are a bunch of criminals.
Let me be very clear. I uphold my part of the deal when I drive for mile/ minute pay.
If a pax has to pay a fee because him or her are not in the predetermine place or time , they are not upholding their part of the deal.This is the part where you are ONE WAY. You keep bashing the drivers any time you have a chance.As a difference, I give the benefit of the doubt to the GUY OR GIRL that goes out everyday in this business to make a living.
There is nothing wrong with what you posted. I think you feel guilty about things that you should not. You seem to take generalizations personally when they are not directed at you. What you described is not even a shuffle but an actual no show that should receive compensation. I have no problem with that at all.

What I do have a problem with is those who attempt to get that cancellation fee by deception, by hiding and intentionally attempting to avoid the passenger as some on here are quite proud of doing.

I also give people the benefit of the doubt if they say they behave in s given fashion I tend to believe what they are telling me until I observe otherwise.

·
Premium Member
7,485 Posts
There is nothing wrong with what you posted. I think you feel guilty about things that you should not. You seem to take generalizations personally when they are not directed at you. What you described is not even a shuffle but an actual no show that should receive compensation. I have no problem with that at all.

What I do have a problem with is those who attempt to get that cancellation fee by deception, by hiding and intentionally attempting to avoid the passenger as some on here are quite proud of doing.

I also give people the benefit of the doubt if they say they behave in s given fashion I tend to believe what they are telling me until I observe otherwise.
Yes , you are Mother Teresa now!!!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.