Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Booking fee has been increased to 2.50$ In toronto, so out of 5 $ drivers will get 2$.
I was wondering where they would add that extra 1$ as required by the new regs. Anybody seen a rider receipt that shows the extra .30$ City of Toronto fee?
Typical Uber, full extra dollar in their pocket. That's the problem with the new regulation wording of 'minimum fare'. Shouldn't 'minimum fare' mean 'base fare'???? I think the city meant that extra 1$ to be shared with the drivers and NOT straight into Uber's bank account.
Hopefully that will be overturned later after city review process.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Booking fee has been increased to 2.50$ In toronto, so out of 5 $ drivers will get 2$.
Had mentioned in my earlier posts pre-regulations that the 0.30 cents will be deducted & collected from the drivers earnings.
A few drivers were disputing & stating that it would never happen.
Welcome to the world of Uber, where dishonesty is a way of life & everything.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Nothing like getting a city sanctioned $50k daily ($1.5mil/month)boost to Uber's bank account for 'continued investments in safety initiatives for riders and drivers'. o_O

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Had mentioned in my earlier posts pre-regulations that the 0.30 cents will be deducted & collected from the drivers earnings.
A few drivers were disputing & stating that it would never happen.
Welcome to the world of Uber, where dishonesty is a way of life & everything.
This is not the city per ride fee of .30$ That will be added on top for the rider to pay aside from the fare.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey we got Booking fee increases in Ontario. Up to $1.85 in Ottawa. $2.30 in Niagara falls. And Toronto is apparently up to $2.50. Funny Kingston is still at $1.50. I wonder why that is. Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
477 Posts
Hey we got Booking fee increases in Ontario. Up to $1.85 in Ottawa. $2.30 in Niagara falls. And Toronto is apparently up to $2.50. Funny Kingston is still at $1.50. I wonder why that is. Anyone have any ideas?
Would seem fair to assume they increased the booking fee to cover the cost of UBER's Intact insurance policy. Toronto is the most mature market, with the most ridership, so it pays the lion's share. Kingston is a small market they are still trying to grow, so they want to keep costs to the riders as cheap as possible until more of them are used to using UBER for their travels. I suspect Kingston will see a rise in booking fee in September when the students at Queen's come back to school from Toronto and surrounding areas, where they will already be used to the higher booking fee. Same for Ottawa with the Carlton students, and uOttawa.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I wonder what the % of revenue or per trip cost of the insurance is. The old one wasen't worth the paper it was written on. Anyone have info?

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
The problem here is that increases your total sales to use for HST without increasing your income. The extra $1 per ride counts towards your 30k maximum in sales in order to avoid paying the HST for your riders.

·
Banned
1,790 Posts
Seriously: how did you all think Uber was going to pay for that Intact insurance policy they just took out on our behalf without hurting their profit margins?

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
The problem here is that increases your total sales to use for HST without increasing your income. The extra $1 per ride counts towards your 30k maximum in sales in order to avoid paying the HST for your riders.
'Wonderful'. Read my earlier posts where I mentioned it would affect drivers earnings/income.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts