Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like how Uber increases their booking fee citing Regulatory, Safety, and Operational costs. Not like we have increasing expenses including gas prices, insurance and everything else that involves owning a car. Im sorry but this gig is simply not sustainable. and while 20 cents doesnt seem like a lot, its worth millions to them. And with these increases, passengers tip less thus driving down our pay. So this is the way its going to be then huh?

·
Registered
484 Posts
I like how Uber increases their booking fee citing Regulatory, Safety, and Operational costs. Not like we have increasing expenses including gas prices, insurance and everything else that involves owning a car. Im sorry but this gig is simply not sustainable. and while 20 cents doesnt seem like a lot, its worth millions to them. And with these increases, passengers tip less thus driving down our pay. So this is the way its going to be then huh?
Yep, IT is what IT is!! Going on 2 yrs of driving and the only increase in safety I've gotten is an increase in the number of scumbags touching my legs while I'm driving!! Btw Have you seen their new commercial...? Goes on about the changes and how they're NOW listening to the riders and "Driver Partners" What a bunch of BS as usual...

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts
I would drive more, but as you said, it's unsustainable. Gas, mileage, all that. Not to mention the toll it takes on me physically.

The good news is that they are clearly becoming desperate. You reap what you sow. They didn't take care of their drivers, now they're going to reap the reward.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Damn IT, The drivers are Uber!! Uber is nothing without US and our own damn vehicles that get destroyed!! And yes, I hear ya about the physical toll it takes. My back and neck stays sore & knee stays swollen! Im stuck for now but if the roommate works out than maybe just maybe I can get my state tests paid and stop driving too!!

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts
Truck drivers are in high demand so I hear. Its hard to justify working for peanuts to say "but I work my own hours". If you are out of a job, I would seriously look at getting your CDL instead of struggling with Uber.
Agree. Even selling drugs would be better. Now I won't say working at a min wage job is better. They are more or less the same. The min wage job has slight positives over Uber in some regards but Uber has that one advantage where you can give up when you get tired of it. Not really an advantage depending on how you look at it. Yet they go as far as calling you a business owner, lol.

I'm kind of sad. I was really hoping Kim Jong Un would nuke San Francisco. Hopefully he's bipolar and will go back to being a psycho.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Damn IT, The drivers are Uber!! Uber is nothing without US and our own damn vehicles that get destroyed!! And yes, I hear ya about the physical toll it takes. My back and neck stays sore & knee stays swollen! Im stuck for now but if the roommate works out than maybe just maybe I can get my state tests paid and stop driving too!!
Just wondering.. Do you stop to break and stretch?

I stop every 2hrs for 10 to 15 minutes to do some pushups..jumping jacks..and a few yoga poses.

Downward facing dog and rising sun are very good to stretch your back and relive tension.

The jumping jacks wake me up better than coffee or caffienee.

Just a thought, hope it helps for those of you that fulltime it

·
Premium Member
2,256 Posts
I think its great that Dara is making the pivot from TK and making sure things like safety and regulations are prioritized!

·
Registered
484 Posts
Just wondering.. Do you stop to break and stretch?

I stop every 2hrs for 10 to 15 minutes to do some pushups..jumping jacks..and a few yoga poses.

Downward facing dog and rising sun are very good to stretch your back and relive tension.

The jumping jacks wake me up better than coffee or caffienee.

Just a thought, hope it helps for those of you that fulltime it
Yep I use a bamboo bo staff but I def could do a better job with more shorter, frequent breaks. Get into a better habit instead of waiting to feel the pain for sure!! I've got a bad habit of taking too long a break than I'm playing "catch up" I'm heading out soon so Thanks for reminding!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts