Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if uber was smart they would raid the rates 5-10 cents a mile and they would make much more than a .20 cent booking fee increase

·
Registered
3 Posts
Actually the last time they increased the booking fee they also ended up lowering the rate per mile/min. I wouldn't be surprised to see another rate cut soon. Ultimately they need each driver to do more trips.

·
Premium Member
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually the last time they increased the booking fee they also ended up lowering the rate per mile/min. I wouldn't be surprised to see another rate cut soon. Ultimately they need each driver to do more trips.
After loosing 3 billion I doubt it

·
Registered
920 Posts
if uber was smart they would raid the rates 5-10 cents a mile and they would make much more than a .20 cent booking fee increase
They are smart cause any increases in the booking fee isn't shared with drivers.
Uber will now be bringing in at least an extra $200k daily or at least $6 million more a month while drivers ("partners") won't see a dime!

·
Banned
1,203 Posts
It would be great to see a day where people literally just turn on lyft and leave uber off :)
WTF are you talking about? They are exactly the same at this point. Lyft recently lowered rates to match Uber AND did the same exact thing everyone in this thread is whining about...gave themself a raise by raising their booking fee!!!

Did none of you notice that or pay attention to Lyft's fee increase?

How is Lyft any better than Uber at this point? Please dont just bring up the hardly-used tipping option.

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
WTF are you talking about? They are exactly the same at this point. Lyft recently lowered rates to match Uber AND did the same exact thing everyone in this thread is whining about...gave themself a raise by raising their booking fee!!!

How is Lyft any better than Uber at this point? Please dont just bring up the hardly-used tipping option.
Alot better than Goober tip option

·
Registered
672 Posts

You are correct! The difference in compensation to drivers between Uber and Lyft is almost nothing at this time.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Why get out? Make it work for YOU - not Uber. Drive only when it's convienent and just do the basics. Obviously it can not be your only source of income unless you have a super low monthly nut, deep reserves or rich uncle or something. At one time driving full-time would easily cover your nut - rent/ mortgage, car payment, utilities, groceries, etc. but them days are looooong gone. Uber is strictly a part-time revenue stream. It's important knowing going in. Your not gonna net $3-5k a month anymore unless your driving at least 14 hour days, 6 to 7 days a week - and how long is that sustainable for?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Last weekend was the first time I drove in 2 months it felt great. I make this gig work for myself, and I usually drive for lyft
and turn off the uber app. With Lyft I get a tip at least 50+% of the time I usually get a tip so Lyft maybe a little slower but I can get a potential
tip.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts